South Shore Ramp (Long Beach) Condition?

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat Name
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Hey. I used to launch out of the South Shore ramp in Long Beach all the time 10 or so years ago. I remember just a couple homeless problems and PWC madness on some weekends.

Any different now? Should anyone with a kinda pricy tow vehicle (nothing visible inside) be worried about parking there?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat Name
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Too steep filthy water and lots of homeless, That ramp sucks, Especially at night

Upvote 0
    Sep 21, 2019
    Pomona
    Name
    Javier
    Boat Name
    Skippy 24 Fly
    Last time I was there was in July. I personally have not had any problems with my truck or trailer being there or people messing with them. Or any problems launching or retrieving my boat there even on a negative tide. BUT!!! The last time I was there I had a problem with a bunch of people that thought the ramp and docks were their own private area. Pwc’s and boats taking up every lane. Pwc’s doing donuts right in front of the docks. People working on their boat. Partying on the docks. They see you trying to get in and could care less. I also didn’t want to say anything because they have an extremely large group with them (like 50 or more) and didn’t want it to turn into something I would regret. Especially when they are drinking and doing other things. This wasn’t the first time I’ve seen it that way but it was the worst time. Now that the warm weather is gone I think it should be better.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 12, 2006
    Glendora Ca
    Name
    Leon
    Boat Name
    28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
    Last time I was there was in July. I personally have not had any problems with my truck or trailer being there or people messing with them. Or any problems launching or retrieving my boat there even on a negative tide. BUT!!! The last time I was there I had a problem with a bunch of people that thought the ramp and docks were their own private area. Pwc’s and boats taking up every lane. Pwc’s doing donuts right in front of the docks. People working on their boat. Partying on the docks. They see you trying to get in and could care less. I also didn’t want to say anything because they have an extremely large group with them (like 50 or more) and didn’t want it to turn into something I would regret. Especially when they are drinking and doing other things. This wasn’t the first time I’ve seen it that way but it was the worst time. Now that the warm weather is gone I think it should be better.
    I had to do a double take to make sure this was not my post.

• Haha
    Reactions: javierlopez123
    Upvote 0