Farmer
Admin
  • Mar 30, 2022
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cameron Gamble
    Boat Name
    no
    I was visiting some family in Santa Barbara this weekend, and it turns out Bill Varney was staying in Carpinteria and hosting a Surf Fishing Clinic. I have not met Bill face to face, and considering we are hosting a webinar together this week, I figured this would be a great opportunity to get to know him.

We fished Saturday morning at Carpinteria State Beach, right in front of the campgrounds. There were roughly 25 other anglers that signed up for his clinic and attended to touch up on their knowledge and skills of surf fishing. It was really cool to hear Bill talk about Surf Fishing, teaching all of us techniques and the reason why it is effective.

We fished sand crabs and lugworms, the lugworms seemed to be the prime bait for the perch and yf croaker. For some reason, sand crabs were not getting as many bites. Bill explained this is because it is late in the season, and the fish are ready to change up their daily meal. The same as eating a burrito every day, at some point you're going to want a sandwich.

Super fun pulling on perch, and enjoying a windless Central California morning! Carolina Rig, 6lb fluro, size 4 Gamakatsu hooks and live lugworms.

I am hosting a webinar on the BD site this Wednesday, August 31st at 6 pm PST. My goal is to learn as much as possible from the experts, so I can be dialed every time I hit the beach. If you have not signed up to watch the live webinar, you can RSVP here.

Tight Lines!

IMG-5471.jpg

IMG-5509.PNG

IMG-5501.jpg

IMG-5495.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest Articles