Farmer
Admin
  • Mar 30, 2022
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cameron Gamble
    Boat Name
    no
    Spent the weekend in Laguna again, never seems to let me down!
    ** South Laguna - South of the MPA **

Headed up on Saturday to visit some family, stayed the night, and had some SD friends meet me on Sunday morning for a day of fishing from the beach and rocks. Overall, super fun day pulling on a variety of species. Testing out the Stealth Stixx rods, loving them! Super sensitive, very easy to feel a bite.

Caught a few Corbina from the beach on mussels, classic Carolina Rig, with Gamakatsu octopus hooks. Also, brought along some shrimp and bloodworms. Surprisingly, no luck on the bloodworms. Off the rocks, shrimp was the ticket for Perch and Bass, even a Senorita mixed in!
    Great day of fishing, between the three of us we landed over 30 different fish, all little ones, but still fun fishing!
    Nothing like hanging out with the boys all day long, having a few beers, and pulling on fish!

Here are a few photos of some fish, along with my new Stealth Stixx!

laguna-5.jpg

laguna-3.jpg

laguna-4.jpg

laguna-1.jpg

laguna-6.jpg

laguna-2.jpg

laguna-7.jpg

woolybugger

Almost A Member
    Mar 7, 2006
    San pedro
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat Name
    Parker 1801 cc
    Still pissed about that closure had a few little rock caves shallow where i could all but guarantee at least a few lobsters every dive.
    Early in the season before i molested them i would usually pull a few 5+ lbers every year as well.
    I grew up in laguna and most of my favorite lobster and halubut spots are now closed.

Upvote 0

CameronGamble

Farmer
    Admin
  • Mar 30, 2022
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cameron Gamble
    Boat Name
    no
    Still pissed about that closure had a few little rock caves shallow where i could all but guarantee at least a few lobsters every dive.
    Early in the season before i molested them i would usually pull a few 5+ lbers every year as well.
    I grew up in laguna and most of my favorite lobster and halubut spots are now closed.
    Damn, yeah the closure is a bummer. Not a lot of room to work with anymore!

Reactions: BD STAFF
    Upvote 0

Bigsurfer

Sep 7, 2014
    Name
    Todd
    Boat Name
    None
    Spent the weekend in Laguna again, never seems to let me down!
    ** South Laguna - South of the MPA **

Headed up on Saturday to visit some family, stayed the night, and had some SD friends meet me on Sunday morning for a day of fishing from the beach and rocks. Overall, super fun day pulling on a variety of species. Testing out the Stealth Stixx rods, loving them! Super sensitive, very easy to feel a bite.

Caught a few Corbina from the beach on mussels, classic Carolina Rig, with Gamakatsu octopus hooks. Also, brought along some shrimp and bloodworms. Surprisingly, no luck on the bloodworms. Off the rocks, shrimp was the ticket for Perch and Bass, even a Senorita mixed in!
    Great day of fishing, between the three of us we landed over 30 different fish, all little ones, but still fun fishing!
    Nothing like hanging out with the boys all day long, having a few beers, and pulling on fish!

Here are a few photos of some fish, along with my new Stealth Stixx!

View attachment 1429892

View attachment 1429893

View attachment 1429894

View attachment 1429895

View attachment 1429897

View attachment 1429898

View attachment 1429899
    Nice report...used to hit up those rocks a lot as it is close to me. Now just mostly play around from the beach with the surf perch, baby leopard sharks, and occasional corbina.

Reactions: BD STAFF
    Upvote 0

Latest Articles