SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none
I moved to Broward County, FL about 3 months ago and have been having a blast fishing here . One aspect of the fishing that I didn’t really know about is the pond and canal fishing out here. Two fish in particular have grabbed my attention because of their novelty are the peacock bass, which is an obvious one, but a less obvious but even better option IMHO are the Bullseye Snakehead out here in Broward and Palm Beach county’s canals. These fish are ugly but super aggressive top water attackers. They provide just insane visuals when they strike a frog! They get to about 10lbs, pull like heck, are easy to find and because of their bony mouths you must swing like Bill Dance on them to have a chance at getting a hook in them fishing straight 50-80lb braid, a heavy hook, a heavy rod and a buttoned down drag on a bass reel. If any of you guys are out in this area and are interested in some super fun, free fishing let me know and I can drop you some google pins if I’m not around or if I am let’s meet up for a canal session and a beer. Cheers from South Florida!

814CDA1B-A382-46DE-9AB3-1FEB1676AC72.jpeg

EF3D362E-D5BC-4312-A947-AD340BDC3476.jpeg

9CA1C6A9-792F-4AD9-8DC7-46800CECD7B4.jpeg

50649B4A-21B4-4C66-8EA1-63B82108F7D4.jpeg

414932A1-0EC1-4D83-8045-3E5C18C746B4.jpeg

B4619FD6-A039-4112-90DD-207D70D607BC.jpeg

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    Well as you may have herd, dip shit beat the recall so we are all headed your way. Give us a run down, good food, cheap gas, hot chicks. what? cigars?

Read them Snakeamajigs taste pretty good.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
    Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    Well as you may have herd, dip shit beat the recall so we are all headed your way. Give us a run down, good food, cheap gas, hot chicks. what? cigars?

Read them Snakeamajigs taste pretty good.
    All of the above (except the Mexican food sucks)! Better hurry though, the housing market is insane here, everyone is coming and no one is leaving!

Reactions: McQuade Outdoors
    Upvote 0

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    My grandmother lived in Broward (Tamarac). Loved catching Snakeheads in her communities pond. Total trip to fish drainage ditches for huge bass, etc...

PS: Hit up Rob's Bagleland. Best Bagel's and Jewish Deli Food Sandwiches I've ever had outside of NY.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    My grandmother lived in Broward (Tamarac). Loved catching Snakeheads in her communities pond. Total trip to fish drainage ditches for huge bass, etc...

PS: Hit up Rob's Bagleland. Best Bagel's and Jewish Deli Food Sandwiches I've ever had outside of NY.

Yeah if there is water there is fish, everything from cichlids to tarpon, way inland too. It’s a trip! I’ll be sure to check out Robs! Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
    Nov 24, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    john mcquade
    Boat
    Paddle Board
    Ill have to shoot you a message when i get back from San Diego. I leave next week and wont be back in FL for 6-9 months. Looking forward to some more FL reports!

Upvote 0

McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
    Nov 24, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    john mcquade
    Boat
    Paddle Board
    Cuban is good, but I’m craving legit salsa. I’ve found some Mexican places but it’s more Mayan riviera style where I’m a though and through Baja lover. Oh well, it’s a very small price to pay!
    If you make it to tampa area, Mr. Gs Flea market has some actual taco stands, the further back in the market you get, the better they are.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    If you make it to tampa area, Mr. Gs Flea market has some actual taco stands, the further back in the market you get, the better they are.
    I will definitely make it out that way! My plan is to thoroughly explore this state eventually, but right now I’m still discovering new things almost daily here on the east side.

McQuade Outdoors
    McQuade Outdoors
    The bite here can change quick! I was fishing a spot with consistent reds, trout and snook. Next weekend, all the bait is there but completely empty on fish???
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0