copper7

Waterman
Apr 28, 2006
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
Paddle board
I headed out with a buddy to the south 9 along with most of SD. Bait wasn't bad, the line was the worst part of it, plan another 30-45 mins to your start time. Weather was really nice, and there was tons of life, clean blue water, birds, whales, dolphins, and lots of meter marks in the 200-400 foot range. Water temp 70-72. Trolled for a while for nada and found three dry paddys. We decided to salvage the day in la jolla which was the right call, drifted through the bull kelp and got a steady pick on calicos and cudas, all released of course. All on surface iron! And to top it off, got a token yellowtail, about an 8lber. Just finished dinner, he was yummy. I hope this helps you all make a decision, good luck!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
It would be nice to fish weekdays.Im assuming the crowds aren't half bad.
I wish I had that luxury.

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
I do , Its awesome . Nobody at the bait barge . Quiet radio . Paddies all to myself . Weather is always great on workdays !

Upvote 0

Bottom Line

Village idiot
Jul 9, 2006
Warner Springs
Name
Steve
Boat
Invader CC - Bottom Line
I headed out with a buddy to the south 9 along with most of SD. Bait wasn't bad, the line was the worst part of it, plan another 30-45 mins to your start time. Weather was really nice, and there was tons of life, clean blue water, birds, whales, dolphins, and lots of meter marks in the 200-400 foot range. Water temp 70-72. Trolled for a while for nada and found three dry paddys. We decided to salvage the day in la jolla which was the right call, drifted through the bull kelp and got a steady pick on calicos and cudas, all released of course. All on surface iron! And to top it off, got a token yellowtail, about an 8lber. Just finished dinner, he was yummy. I hope this helps you all make a decision, good luck!

Yep, the close stuff is drying up for the most part. I hear more fish are on their way up and heading through San Quintin right now.

Upvote 0

1fishdude1

Almost A Member
Oct 8, 2008
San Diego
Name
fishdude
Boat
THE DUDE
Heading out Tuesday in search of, last Tuesday was good as well as last Friday. Hoping for more of the same. Heading due west then up the ridge to 181 & 182.
Will let you know.
Anyone planning on going out Tuesday?

Upvote 0

1fishdude1

Almost A Member
Oct 8, 2008
San Diego
Name
fishdude
Boat
THE DUDE
Danny,
Sounds good, it sounds like they are moving N quickly.
I'll be on the radio, ch 72, The Dude.
We will be on the water by 5am.

Upvote 0