Sonarhub and NSS7 EVO3 software help

dagonative

Catching fish is about opportunity meeting chance!
Jun 8, 2006
Tierrasanta
Name
Travis
Boat Name
Kingfish 2 Arca Panga 22'
I am running a B75M transducer, hooked to a sonar hub that is then hooked to a Simrad NSS 7 EVO3. Recently it started losing bottom. Even in shallow water and at low speeds. Once it loses it I have to restart unit and sometimes it works fine. This week it lost bottom, restarted it and now temp is stuck at 32degrees. I am doing an update this week on the display. My question is what software should I put on sonarhub? Latest update I find on simrad site is for the s5100 and makes no reference to sonar hub so that unsure if it will work? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Connector is different, so kept sonar hub. I was previously running an NSE 8….
    check to see if there is a straight adaptor from what i remember it's a 7 to 9 pin 000-13313-001. If you can use that and plug into the MFD directly I think that will solve a lot of problems. Sonar hub is like 10 year old technology

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Anonymous
    Boat Name
    None
    Papa "J" suggestion is good. Just get the adapter and plug it directly in. If you still have problems, it might be your transducer.

You should first check the wires on the transducer to make sure it is not cut or nicked and there are no corrosion on it. Check the connector for corrosion also. You might have an intermittent problem that comes and goes. In this case, replacing the box doesn't fix your problem since the issue is with the transducer or the cable.

Upvote 0

dagonative

Catching fish is about opportunity meeting chance!
    Jun 8, 2006
    Tierrasanta
    Name
    Travis
    Boat Name
    Kingfish 2 Arca Panga 22'
    thanks, picked up cable today, will be trying it tomorrow, anyone want to buy a sonar hub haha. thx again

Upvote 0