Some vintage rods as requested, more pics later...

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
Got a few here, gonna put up more later. Requested by a friend, to see examples of what I have,
He wants to buy something, doesn't know what yet. SOME are gone...
MOST ARE NOT FOR SALE UNLESS PRICE APPEARS.

•First- one on the top or left is a custom Roddy Root Beer Power Master 7', thicker than a 4X. SOLD
•Second, a Truline OG1580 custom 7'7", custom wrapped by me.
•Third, a great wrap of a 7' OG 1580 custom Spinner Deluxe Truline by Yo's early 80's. SOLD
•Forth, An old Truline VBG7, butt cut to 6'' for fishing school tuna by a captain 45yrs ago. Nice bend!! 10 guides! $120
•Fifth, a Truline BOR36, wrapped by Bobs. West LA. ready to fish. SOLD
•Sixth, a Truline B036, wrapped by Yo's in '84, I restored it, so it can be fished. SOLD
my old Tiger 6X, wrapped last time by me in 2004. reverse mandrel, but,It's a brute. Maybe selling soon, but it's gonna be about $3500 OK $2500

•••and a rare BOD8 Purple/Red. SOLD

Putting up the ones requested.
few more here...
IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0979.JPG 2nd group:•1: C6X1 Octy 7', John Collins specially made, and awarded to the winner of a Malibu Pier Halibut contest in the early '60's as told by the previous owner. $400
•2 Red/purple 4X NFS
•3 Roddy Super 8-8 I fished it then restored it, rewrapped ('96) it with all stickers intact and new Carboloys, as it originally had. SOLD
•4 interesting BORD8 also said B39 on the butt. By far, my favorite D8 for fishin' YTail! NFS
•5 old D8 NFS
•6 Chocolate D8 red and white set, with the
•7Carmel 5XF75 I extended, to make it about 9'(Not finished). and the
•8 Carmel 36 8'6" slightly extended. NFS
•9 Dave Bell's personal GREEN 36, now mine. NFS

Just showing these because They were requested by a friend.I've got more but no more pics.

IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_1652.JPG

Last edited:

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
And, the two 36's, SOLD
They are already in "Used fishing Rods and Reels for sale", just dropped the prices somewhat.

Last edited:
Reactions: sealskinner

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
Nobody likes my 6X,>:( It's Cobra glass, nice stuff!!:-)

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
And, the two 36's, the Yo wrap and the Bob's West LA, are for sale, Prices REDUCED!!
$300 for the BOR36 by Bob's, and $ $310 for the Yo wrapped BO36. Both fish very nice, the
Bob's 36 has a very sweet bend, but, I have three. Buy both, I'll give you a good price. $540.
They are already in "Used fishing Rods and Reels for sale", just dropped the prices somewhat.
Added a "Both 36's" price here.

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
Hey Mike, what do u have in heavy 7' & or 8' kennedy fishers? anything like a HTB 28 ?
I had a whole pile of pristine 919H's, 50-120lb., sold them to a boat owners/Captains
at Point Loma Sportfishing, Irv Grisbeck for one...Those were the last heavy 7' ones I had. I have a 528, I'm stripping from original. It needs repainting of the surface hard Urethane, so got a lot of work to do. It will be expensive when I'm finished. I may talk about it here when it's refinished, ready for wrapping, to see if any of my customers are interested in buying it, and what me to wrap it in thier colors and choice of guides.
I'm not familiar with the HB 28? Only the really old 60-70's blanks, like the 528, 919, 913, 820, 840 and so on. Ahh, Hermosa TAckle box....

Mike

Last edited:

fishcrazy

Apr 25, 2004
meridian,id
Name
ed
Boat
none
I had a whole pile of pristine 919H's, 50-120lb., sold them to a boat owners/Captains
at Point Loma Sportfishing, Irv Grisbeck for one...Those were the last heavy 7' ones I had. I have a 528, I'm stripping from original. It needs repainting of the surface hard Urethane, so got a lot of work to do. It will be expensive when I'm finished. I may talk about it here when it's refinished, ready for wrapping, to see if any of my customers are interested in buying it, and what me to wrap it in thier colors and choice of guides.
I'm not familiar with the HB 28? Only the relly old 60-70's blanks, like the 528, 919, 913, 820, 840 and so on.

Mike
the 1 i had felt really close to a good sabre 670h & there was so much glass in the butt u could only get your little finger up 2 the 1st joint in.Yeh the HTB28 (hermosa tackle box) was a wahoo heavy bait stick, big butt like but not quite as big like a 540. i think mayb only 25 where ever made, i got mine from dave raider b4 it got ripped off out the wheel house of the condor 1 night.

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
the 1 i had felt really close to a good sabre 670h & there was so much glass in the butt u could only get your little finger up 2 the 1st joint in.Yeh the HTB28 (hermosa tackle box) was a wahoo heavy bait stick, big butt like but not quite as big like a 540. i think mayb only 25 where ever made, i got mine from dave raider b4 it got ripped off out the wheel house of the condor 1 night.
Shit bummer, stolen!! Like so many good rods!! I didn't know about the HTB, sounds cool. Dave Raider, related to Jack Raider??I used to fish with him.

fishcrazy

Apr 25, 2004
meridian,id
Name
ed
Boat
none
Shit bummer, stolen!! Like so many good rods!! I didn't know about the HTB, sounds cool. Dave Raider, related to Jack Raider??I used to fish with him.
yeh the fuckers new what they where taking cuz the took the 2 fishers, green D7,Black D7, & a1x6hc octy, all colins glass trulines i had on the boat & fished all the time. fuckers

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
yeh the fuckers new what they where taking cuz the took the 2 fishers, green D7,Black D7, & a1x6hc octy, all colins glass trulines i had on the boat & fished all the time. fuckers
DAMN!!!

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
at any rate mike if u do have any heavy 7'ers i'd b inyerested in them ed
No, sorry nothing heavy in 7', just s sturdy dark red custom DH 5X7'.
Fished 30-40lb. All Fuji SIC guides on it but it's not like a D7 or VBG or TNT.

It is for sale! Pics on request.

Ooopps. I forgot! I do have a LH7 green glass with original cork and Varmac seat, Super good shape. It is stripped and I will be rewrapping it soon. It's in the work-backed-up line. The guy I was to wrap it for, we found him an XR7, so he wanted that, and left me this rod. I wrapped that one, he left me this LH7 as a deposit....I forgot about it. I should get to it when I catch up on work. Maybe in April-May.

Last edited: