Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Some people are just assholes!

But other people are not! You know, the Carrie and Norm or the Patrick type. This is a story about the other people.
Set up camp at the village sun. Monday was blowing so just did a shakedown cruise and let the kids play while i addressed minor issues.

We came back to camp and met some neighbors GradyBob, Chris, and Eric. I rented an awesome fire ring (washing machine tub) and got a load of alder to go with it. Eric runs off to the store and returns with 2 huge packages of chicken, some corn, and beans. I throw some jalenpeno chickendogs on there and some whole jalepenos and we enjoyed some of the best BBQ ever in good company. GradyBob's got some good stories about fishing with Tommy and his folks on Hang'em High and catching kings off the docks back in the day.

Tues we set out 270 off the island with the ladder. It wasn't terrible weather but there were a couple of times i thought it was supposed to be a lot better. Picked up one fish out with the fleet at 100'. Then i was having trouble finding more and my boys were ready to get back inside. Lessons were learned that day. We picked up a couple of bass and a small ling on the ride back.

Then comes the good part. I see my other camp neighbor at the docks. He is cutting up an assortment of tasties. We chit chat a bit and talk about how wednesday should be better. But i still say "yeah, but I'm not going back out there in my boat"

He looks up and says "Shoot, just ride with us! "

Heres what I'm looking at
IMG_0249.JPG

I say "if you're serious i would definitely take you up on that! "

Shortly after we get back to camp i get confirmation from his wife that we are all more than welcome to ride along. She asks my boys if they could watch the 2 dogs (mini-pens) for a bit. Now, all my boys did was giggle and play with them for 20 minutes. When she returns she informs them that she had prepaid for ice cream cones at the cedar shack in exchange for their services!

The next morning we cruise straight out to the grounds at 30mph. We fished for quite a bit and managed 7 in the box before heading in for some bottom fish. Then, my youngest gets his favorite fish
IMG_0247.JPG

We loaded up on quite a few lings and some bass before heading in on flat calm water. Absolutely beautiful day!! One of the best days a dad could have!
IMG_0246.JPG

All thanks to SOME PEOPLE!!!! If you see Steve and Becky or GradyBob at the docks you know you're in good company.

Last edited:

JayG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
NR 31 OS “Adrienne Rose”
That's the kind of story that restores my faith in humanity, until the next asshole comes along that is.

Very cool.....

Reactions: Wild Bill

Sea Sport

Made in Washington
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn, WA
Name
Chuck Masonic
Boat
Excalibur-2700 Sea Sport Pilot-
Great post! Sounds like some "paying it forward" going on here!
Is that another one of those blue ling cods? Yeah, we had another post that looked just like that.:)

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 conquest... needs a name
Some people are just assholes!

But other people are not! You know, the Carrie and Norm or the Patrick type. This is a story about the other people.
Set up camp at the village sun. Monday was blowing so just did a shakedown cruise and let the kids play while i addressed minor issues.

We came back to camp and met some neighbors GradyBob, Chris, and Eric. I rented an awesome fire ring (washing machine tub) and got a load of alder to go with it. Eric runs off to the store and returns with 2 huge packages of chicken, some corn, and beans. I throw some jalenpeno chickendogs on there and some whole jalepenos and we enjoyed some of the best BBQ ever in good company. GradyBob's got some good stories about fishing with Tommy and his folks on Hang'em High and catching kings off the docks back in the day.

Tues we set out 270 off the island with the ladder. It wasn't terrible weather but there were a couple of times i thought it was supposed to be a lot better. Picked up one fish out with the fleet at 100'. Then i was having trouble finding more and my boys were ready to get back inside. Lessons were learned that day. We picked up a couple of bass and a small ling on the ride back.

Then comes the good part. I see my other camp neighbor at the docks. He is cutting up an assortment of tasties. We chit chat a bit and talk about how wednesday should be better. But i still say "yeah, but I'm not going back out there in my boat"

He looks up and says "Shoot, just ride with us! "

Heres what I'm looking at
View attachment 850895

I say "if your serious i would definitely take you up on that! "

Shortly after we get back to camp i get confirmation from his wife that we are all more than welcome to ride along. She asks my boys if they could watch the 2 dogs (mini-pens) for a bit. Now, all my boys did was giggle and play with them for 20 minutes. When she returns she informs them that she had prepaid for ice cream cones at the cedar shack in exchange for their services!

The next morning we cruise straight out to the grounds at 30mph. We fished for quite a bit and managed 7 in the box before heading in for some bottom fish. Then, my youngest gets his favorite fish
View attachment 850905

We loaded up on quite a few lings and some bass before heading in on flat calm water. Absolutely beautiful day!! One of the best days a dad could have!
View attachment 850906

All thanks to SOME PEOPLE!!!! If you see Steve and Becky or GradyBob at the docks you know your in good company.
Great work and great memories!!! And some fish for the freezer!
Can't like this enough!

Corey G

Boat ho extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2010
Tacoma, Wa USA
Name
Corey Guild
Boat
Gravy
I don't seem to notice a shortage of cool ass people when I'm down in Westport or up in LP or Neah Bay. Probably why I like being there way more than being here in town! I think people are just happier and nicer when they're out fishing for some reason! Haha! Glad you guys had a good trip!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
That is a great story, along with great pics too!

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Very, very, nice. This board is incredible, and so are the people. In my years of traveling the fishing grounds in the U.S., and our brothers up north, there is alot of generous folks that will do alot for a fellow mariner in need. I think it comes down to...."Been there before"......and we are all "paying it forward"...and the sense of responsibility we feel

spoon man

It’s all smoke and mirrors
Jul 20, 2012
Olympia, wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Alumaweld
Great story and even turned out to be a better day of fishing for you guys it sounds like. Awesome people out there and always seem to be willing to help out!

Sockeye71

If it swims... we will hunt it down and club it!
Jul 5, 2011
Maple Valley
Name
Dave
Boat
Olympic 26' XLC "Sea Monkey"
ya... Steve is a super nice guy. He got a massive halibut earlier this year.

Chisow

May 24, 2011
Graham, Wa
Name
James
Boat
Dreaming of one.
Awesome story and I am sure your boys were smiling ear to ear. Good to hear there are still nice folks out there that is very encouraging.

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
Thats absolutely badass. The kids look like their in heaven and may help in the purchase of a gifuckingnormous alloy boat.

Reactions: Nineball

Draht vom Hoko

Mar 11, 2012
Bremerton & Hoko, WA
www.vomHoko.com
Name
Joel Davis
Boat
Shamrock 260 Cuddy LE Keel Drive; Cummins 6BT5.9M 210 HP
Back in 1990 I dragged my infant family and father out to Snow Creek in search of.......
I had no boat, but a lot of DM experience and a fair sense of where to harvest. So I swam from the dock out to Sail and Seal Rock... and if anybody on the forum knows anything about currents.....well....gotta time it right!
So I'm back on the dock processing my harvest and this dude is poking me with all these questions about where I was diving, how many fish, how many scallops, etc....what I was doing and of course I pointed my finger,....well, right out there....
I went back to camp for lunch with my family, geared up for my next foray and was about to jump off the dock for dive #2 and this same dude confronts me "where are you going???"
Remember the finger.......
He says.."no you're not, you're coming with us" My life changed forever!
That's real and that's how life happens and he and others are my brothers...LIFE is GREAT!!!