Steveo77
Apr 22, 2012
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Name
Steve
Boat
Grumpy
Real life goes like this-
The guys that complain and bitch and moan don’t have any credibility or respect from anyone that’s valid.

Often times the loud guys give the perception they are holy, but that’s not the case. And your covers are pulled at some point. Then the loud guy is recognized as just that, the loud guy that likes to have attention, but has no street cred

I don’t pass judgement on anyone or situation if I am not there, and no one else should. So don’t be that guy that jumps on the bandwagon-getting the lynch mob rallied up.

To the new member- welcome to the site. There are a lot of good people on here and it is a great community to be a part of. I hope the post didn’t turn you off the BD.

landman

watch your lips
May 26, 2008
San Diego
Name
Vic
Boat
g3
I didn't know there was a bass tournament going on. These bass pro's told me I was in there spot and there is a tournament going on and I should go fish somewhere else. Before I could tell the guy to move on in he called me a fat ass. So I sat on the spot all day and caught and released over fifty Bass. They were really mad at me. Made me feel all warm inside.

Spannman

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 4, 2008
Calabasas,Ca/USA
Name
Paul Spann
Boat
Mako 223
You were not on the the boat that night so STFU. It went down exactly how I described it. We absolutely did not drop any nets near them after the encroached on our pots. They simply didn’t care. Again, they only left because they were unable to drop in the deep water. So go fuck yourself.

You really think we dropped nets next to his boat , just to take a picture, so we could blast him on the internet. Your a bigger idiot than they were that night.
At least you don't use four letter words like those other people.

Spannman

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 4, 2008
Calabasas,Ca/USA
Name
Paul Spann
Boat
Mako 223
You are either completely oblivious to your surroundings on the water that night or you are a complete liar. I don’t think your oblivious, because we made you very aware of where our nets were before you dropped. It was civil before that, but when you dropped after us letting you know we we had nets all around you, that’s when the profanity started.

To come on here with the defense that we dropped our nets around you after you dropped, is complete horse shit. The picture doesn’t lie, but you do.

I had no intention of naming your boat on the internet. But now that it’s been named and accused of other conduct regarding moorings, I can understand why you would come up with this story to save face a little.

Again, the picture doesn’t lie.
In the picture it looks like daytime. But the picture doesn't lie?

Jul 26, 2015
san diego
Name
jw
Boat
none
I wasn't there and the photograph isn't conclusive proof of much. Based on my many years of chasing bugs in SD, (I went out last week and will be out again this week), I believe Gmacfish came across as composed, aware of his surroundings, reasonable, and respectful, whereas the person making the unsubstantiated accusations comes across as a hothead, quick to spew profanity. Doesn't really matter who was right or wrong, out there at night in a dangerous environment we sometimes depend on each other, we should resolve these type conflicts peacefully.

miaf

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
I wasn't there............
Everything you typed after that is pure speculation and also incorrect.

I hate that this thread went on this long. I stand by my original post as fact and in no way was it exaggerated. But when people question my integrity (especially people that were not even there), I will defend myself. That being said, it’s time to let this go.

Reactions: pacificscout

Spannman

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 4, 2008
Calabasas,Ca/USA
Name
Paul Spann
Boat
Mako 223
No, I've had people pull my hoop nets and claim they thought they were abandoned, had lines run over while trolling and even had someone hit a kite rig. They're definitely out there.
I like the quote at the bottom of your page " Always speak to .... Do you mind if I use it?

Reactions: BrokeLoser

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
I liken this to a situation where I was the first person to park in a parking lot at work in the morning and then some dingbat who showed up next, decided to park right next to me when the entire lot was empty. Needless to say, the goober hits my car with his door(hard enough to shake the entire thing), while I'm still inside it trying to rest prior to business hours. I stormed out and said: "all these empty spots and you park right next to me, and hit my car with your door on top of it? What the hell, man?" He said: "I'm pretty sure my car is nowhere near yours". I question the logic or lack of, in the actions of many people 24/7.

Last edited:

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
Aug 11, 2010
Covina, Ca.
Name
Dean
Boat
1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
The fact is is that those of us who own boats will at some point be called an asshole by someone else who owns a boat, but keep in mind it will likely be one of those assholes who will save you if and when your shit goes south.

As mom said, "play nice or go to your room."

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
The fact is is that those of us who own boats will at some point be called an asshole by someone else who owns a boat, but keep in mind it will likely be one of those assholes who will save you if and when your shit goes south.
Good time to lock the thread. Bottom line . . . dktool said it best.

RodRage

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
During the tournament last night I didnt see two buoys set by a nearby boater and dropped three, After seeing him coming ( A local well known charter captain) and noticing my mistake I sincerely apologized and all was forgotten without an F-Bomb being thrown. I think the op n the captain should go fishing together or at least sit down n have a beer, Op should settle it like a man instead of media bashing a mans buisiness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Robdog1
Status
Not open for further replies.