Some people are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

miaf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Went over to the island on Sunday for a little lobster trip. Ended up getting 12 legals for the two of us. Fished sort of deep, 150- 250 feet.

After setting all our nets, this asshat comes in and proceeds to drop literally right in the middle of three of our nets that were really close. We were not taking up a lot of area.

I ask him what he was doing and his response was, “we’ve been fishing this spot for a long time.” His next response was, “ I could drop ten nets, but I’m only going to drop two.”

After a conversation which included a lot of four letter words, he said fuck it and dropped his nets anyway.

I watched him drop. He didn’t have enough rope or floats to fish the spot. He barely was able to get his first net back before it was under water.

He then tells me that he is going to let me have the spot, because he is a better man and I’m an A-hole.

Zoom in on the picture. You will see my floats off his port and starboard.

You can’t make this shit up.
3387EB6F-E565-49A7-8D7C-D58CA8DDC02E.jpeg

Last edited:

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
That is some kind of killer boat.
But what a fucking tool.

Reactions: T-Tang

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
No brains- No headaches.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Went over to the island on Sunday for a little lobster trip. Ended up getting 12 legals for the two of us. Fished sort of deep, 150- 250 feet.

After setting all our nets, this asshat comes in and proceeds to drop literally right in the middle of three of our nets that were really close. We were not taking up a lot of area.

I ask him what he was doing and his response was, “we’ve been fishing this spot for a long time.” His next response was, “ I could drop ten nets, but I’m only going to drop two.”

After a conversation which included a lot of four letter words, he said fuck it and dropped his nets anyway.

I watched him drop. He didn’t have enough rope or floats to fish the spot. He barely was able to get his first net back before it was under water.

He then tells me that he is going to let me have the spot, because he is a better man and I’m an A-hole.

Zoom in on the picture. You will see my floats off his port and starboard.

You can’t make this shit up.View attachment 1114322
Some people have balls, and think
There shit don’t stink, what a asshat

Reactions: Capt.C.Delany

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
We experience the same with weekend tournament bass jockos on the local lakes. They think that because they paid entry fees to a tournament every spot is theirs.

BrokeLoser

Feb 16, 2011
SoCal
Name
Broke Loser
Boat
Striper
My buddies and I piss in water balloons, we’d send a few flying at that beautiful deck. He’d never pull that shit again.

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
You must be pretty young,because it say"Some people are stupid" When in reality,the older you get,it goes from SOME,to ALOT,then MOST,and finally ALMOST ALL people are stupid.
I agree with you Radman. I'm starting to fall into the older group. Fortunately, every now and then, you run into folks with experience and respect for others on the water. I've dropped nets 100 yards from guys and had them screaming at me to get off their spot. And that was on the coast! So I guess 10 yards off your stern and splitting between your string at Catalina, with no one around might be a little close? Nice boat and a lot of money doesn't mean S*** about being a good captain.

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
I have been pushing for a "That Guy" sticky thread for a long time now....
Posted a "That guy" thread last week, Summers coming Its only gunna get worse!

miaf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Confluence. I watched the whole thing. Comedy. Likes to skip out on mooring fees too.
Yep, you know the boat. Shit show for sure. Oh well, we got our lobster. Just ridiculous that we have to deal with it on a Sunday that late in the season.

Last edited:

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
I think saying they are stupid isn't right or deserved... that is giving them an excuse because that is just straight up rude and inconsiderate. Stupid can be from lack of experience and haven't learned anything yet, I can live with that, we aren't born with the knowledge... but rude and inconsiderate means they just don't care and mommy didn't teach them any better, they just need a teacher who will give them the spanking they deserve.

Robdog1

Well known member
Oct 23, 2018
Newport Beach
Name
Robert
Boat
Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk
We had something similar yesterday further down the island. We were down by long point and had basically the entire area from toyon to LP to ourselves, UNTIL this moron comes in and starts dropping his 12+ nets (yes, we counted 14 at one point) not only damn near on top of our stuff, but also around the corner of LP in the Long Point SMR (state marine reserve). We politely told him he was in a protected area, and when he got mouthy, I used CalTip for the first time. Idiots are everywhere, and it’s only getting worse.

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
I think saying they are stupid isn't right or deserved... that is giving them an excuse because that is just straight up rude and inconsiderate. Stupid can be from lack of experience and haven't learned anything yet, I can live with that, we aren't born with the knowledge... but rude and inconsiderate means they just don't care and mommy didn't teach them any better, they just need a teacher who will give them the spanking they deserve.
Well put,

Last edited:
Reactions: woodfish330

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Sure you do.It must take a tiny pecker to piss into a water balloon.
With a strong stream to expand that balloon.
when we were little kids we would piss over a six foot fence to see who could piss the highest, now were glad we can still piss over the rail of the boat.

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
His boat was bigger than yours. He was obviously entitled to the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.