gspot

Crazy for Cabo
Jun 21, 2007
Orange County
Name
George
Boat
24' Starcraft Bluewater 240 CC, 17' Boston Whaler
Great Video. I say you get a pass on the DIY Bathroom. You don't get a fishing day like that often. Bathrooms can always be finished, but a fishing day like that is special. Congrats.

Reactions: Baja Belk
Upvote 0

Peg North

Peripatetic
May 22, 2009
West Sacramento CA
Name
"Buggywhip"
Boat
Slow Poke
This:

“Really contemplated taking a breather, but since I'm a glutton for punishment, I grabbed my 60lb 2-speed "just in case" setup, cut off the trolling clip, tied on a 4/0 j-hook, threw a bait off the bow......picked up instantly.”

Classic. Great trip and report; thanks.

Upvote 0

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
DUDE! That was awesome, you made my morning. Excellent video! Water looked so blue and flat, holy smokes, congrats!!!

Upvote 0

Antiochrich

Jun 4, 2014
Antioch, CA
Name
Richard
Boat
1999 Alumaweld Intruder and 2006 Phatbouyz 17x52 w/Prodrive FPR
Damn!!! How epic was that!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your foot surgery. I had foot surgery a few years back and doc cleared me to fish a few days later and said just dont get it wet. I took a Percocet and had a Bloody Mary early in the am and caught my salmon (NorCal) and the next morning my foot was totally black and blue. Doc just shook his head during my follow up. I guess it probably isn’t recommended but seemed to heal up fine.

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
You the man! Nice work bud way to make it happen!!

Thanks man, I was overdue for a good one.

Awesome on the solo trip!! Love how you are trying to handle the gaff and the pole!! haha

Honestly I find it easier to gaff my own fish solo. Can lead 'em right where I want 'em.

Be honest...you werelate picking up the kid huh lol

Ha, I was 25 min late but was within my 30 min cushion so it all worked out! Except for when my kid hugs me and says....."Dad....you smell fishy". Right in front of my friends who were watching him who thought I was at a doctor's appointment.... :oops:

Great Video. I say you get a pass on the DIY Bathroom. You don't get a fishing day like that often. Bathrooms can always be finished, but a fishing day like that is special. Congrats.

Funny, that's exactly what I said, but strangely my wife didn't see it that way....

Way to go and find the fish on your own!

Really surprised at the lack of boats in that area. And that no one found me. Lots of radio chatter just slightly to the north around the 226. I wanted to call it in but had to take care of my buddy boat first.

You’re foot seems fine to me...

:appl:

Gonna feel even better after I get it fixed and my new shiny toe joint installed!

DUDE! That was awesome, you made my morning. Excellent video! Water looked so blue and flat, holy smokes, congrats!!!

Thanks - water was great. Nice ride home too.

Upvote 0

Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
Damn!!! How epic was that!!! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your foot surgery. I had foot surgery a few years back and doc cleared me to fish a few days later and said just dont get it wet. I took a Percocet and had a Bloody Mary early in the am and caught my salmon (NorCal) and the next morning my foot was totally black and blue. Doc just shook his head during my follow up. I guess it probably isn’t recommended but seemed to heal up fine.

That would be me too but my wife is going to chain me to the couch. And not in the fun way.....

I took a filet knife 3" deep into the bottom of my foot in Loreto once. Drive back to town, got several stitches for $12 at the local clinic, but a bag around it, went back out and got a few dorado.

Unfortunately I'll be in a cast for 2 weeks before the boot goes on so that probably won't be an option this time.

Upvote 0