JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
First I have to thank Pat for getting me into the porpoise pile yesterday. We tried everything and did see a few guys pickup some fish but it didn't pan out, maybe the westside Ahi no like the NS opelu LOL. Today another story. Departed at 0500 hit the shark bouy and pickup some bait and head straight out to the II 0630 long corner goes off (9" jethead blue/pink) chinese fire drill ensues as the mahi gets into my short rigger, do the over under drill and game is back on. Get the boat headed down sea and she come in nice then at the boat decides to head under it, I cranked the 007 over and up she pops, rod in holder leader in hand get a good gaff shot and in she comes. Once her tail hits the gunnel its berserker time, nice to have blood on the deck and a fish in the bag before 0700. First pass at the II 0800 same lure a nice bull takes one for the team. Awesome aerial display but the 10/0 was buried deep and the end game was a little more efficient. Made 2 more passes nothing so decide to toss a livie out. The opelu was taken within 5 minutes of getting wet, I was using a circle hook so I gave the fish a little run, no matter she inhaled the whole fish and was gut hooked (even a blind squirrel can find a nut). Work the area for about an hour then head back in. On the way a small blue grabs my grn/blk Reel Tight and on the first jump (marlin headed north, reel tight headed west), it was cool to watch while it lasted (30 seconds):shithappens:. Harbor at 1130 to clean fish for friends and family. My wife Kathy was initially pissed I went out by myself until I told her that she was having mahi for dinner and I still had all my fingers and toes.

v/r Joe

Attachments

chuck merkel

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 18, 2007
Hawaii
Name
Chuck Merkel
Boat
21 foot Force Marine, Joslyn M
Nice to see some blood on the deck of your new ride Joe.

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Nice fishes, in by noon, nice day. Beautiful sunrise and the water didn't look too bad. This squirrel must be blind and deaf cause I'm still hooking and not bringing them in, alot of rubber hooks since early summer.

BNaks

Dec 6, 2009
Mililani/HI/USA
Name
Brandon
Boat
Baby Hawk
Nice mahis Joe. I hit that bouy twice last week dropping a lot of palu and didn't see anything but 2 Hagis...

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Thanks Brandon, its hit or miss for sure with any of the 3 bouys. Last week it was the X for the charters and for us it was the J.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Joe,
Glad you got to spend a bunch of hours on the water over this past week. Good goin on the mahis on Monday, bummer on the torture on Sunday; I see magic ended up with 3 that day. You were obviously doing the right thing...

Till Next Time.
Cheers
Pat

Jus10

Nov 27, 2010
Wahiawa
Name
Jus10
Boat
Kimi-Some
good going on the solo mahis...no partners sucks...... but when u got the feeling to fish you just gotta go fish!.....mean action....mahi bite is on!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Thanks Mike. Putting in the time and listening to the locals is increasing my odds. Boat is running great and I just recieved an early XMAS gift from my friend Calvin (The Big Aussie Box) fits perfectly on the transom. Get back here and we'll take her out. What are you up to?

v/r Joe

May 16, 2006
sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
Name
mike
Boat
25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
Thanks Mike. Putting in the time and listening to the locals is increasing my odds. Boat is running great and I just recieved an early XMAS gift from my friend Calvin (The Big Aussie Box) fits perfectly on the transom. Get back here and we'll take her out. What are you up to?

v/r Joe
they have me riding the pine as an ncoic in charge of one of the BRM ranges here while i wait on disc replacement surgery. hopefully i can get healed up and get back to the island after 2 yrs in this hell hole. first time i've lived in the mainland in 14 years!!!!