****SOLD****** TLD

Discussion in 'USED Fishing Rods and Reels For Sale' started by iTechnology, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    This won't help you sell that reel here.Try Ebay if you want top dollar.Dick.

2. iTechnology

iTechnology Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Outback Kayak
    Thx for your great interest - but one of your friends here bought the reel! He will be very happy.

3. CDR

CDR Member

Name:
    Cory
    Boat:
    Let me fish on yours
    How about a sticky post on here to remember guys like this......lol

You’re now the “$10 dollar an hour TLD 5 guy”.

The “Daiwa bent-butt rod guy” needs to go on there as well.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    j fish, MRC70, plj46 and 2 others like this.
  4. Let em eat 74

Let em eat 74 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Whichever1is leaving
    Well Brian, you have earned yourself a “block”. I won’t be buying a damn thing from you, and you had better bet, I won’t be selling you anything either.

Cabrachupa likes this.
  5. Cabrachupa

Cabrachupa Iron & Wine

Name:
    Mick Reilly
    Boat:
    No Boat
    I think that pretty much captures the spirit in a nutshell.

6. Cabrachupa

Cabrachupa Iron & Wine

Name:
    Mick Reilly
    Boat:
    No Boat
    Now that you have been suitably castigated, not I might add for your winner take all mentality, but rather for your lack of understanding the fundamental nature of fishermen. (Es-prit De corps) Let me give you an example of this $10.00 an hour idiot. As a retired person and a grateful immigrant to California I can say that during my working life I made in excess of $60.00 dollars an hour, which included full medical and retirement benefits as a proud union member. Today a first step apprentice in that same union starts out at over $30.00 an hour with benefits.
    My point being that this is brought about by people respecting and supporting each other rather than exploiting which inevitably leads to their own detriment.

esgeo likes this.
  7. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Price is a little too rich for my blood Mike LOL. They are cool little reels though.

To bad the Ops reply to the "Shady" comment was in such bad taste. He pretty much lost me there. Calling out people due to what they make an hour?? Sounds kinda like an insecure and immature kid to me.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Cabrachupa likes this.
  8. MRC70

MRC70 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    MRC
    Boat:
    not yet
    I have a masters degree in financial and tax planning. However, I have have lost money every time I have sold a piece of fishing gear. So much for that useless degree. LOL.

Cabrachupa and DIS like this.
  9. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    That's all fine and good Mike, but for the sake of conversation lets flip flop this a bit. ;)

First off, the Ops response to the "Shady" comment was totally uncalled for and lame. Not cool in the slightest. But then again, there were some comments that were also a little off at the Op as well. That doesn't give him the right to come out and be a full blown ass like he was...... but we all know how some people get, when they suddenly get on the defense. If none of that prior stuff had been said, we wouldn't even be having this discussion..... hmmmm.

To the Ops defense and addressing your "taking advantage" comment..... because there really was no taking advantage going on by the op at all. In order to be taken advantage off, a person has to be swindled, lied to or something along those lines.

This guy came on here posting up a brand new in pristine condition reel that is no longer in production, and it was a pretty well liked yet somewhat harder to find reel. Same premise as the Shimano 40 narrow that is no longer made and yet often fetches a hefty price even in non pristine condition. I don't see a bunch of guys jumping shit over those who sell these reels and knowing they originally bought them for much less.

Now if this guy or another was posting up some brand new poppers or other items which could be bought elsewhere brand new or at a very close price to the seller, then that would be a different deal entirely, and one where I could see it being justified to inform other potential BD buyers that what a certain seller is selling can be found brand new at the same, near same, or better price.

Some people might think this is a dickish move to say this on a sellers post, but like you said, I believe in sorta looking out for others here, and if they are eyeballing something for sale here on BD and you, myself or others know it can be bought new for the same or better price, then I think it's only right in being cool and helping out others by bringing it up. It might piss off a seller, but it's only fair and right the way as I see it, and it should give the seller a chance to adjust his asking price.

This item the Op was selling here was in brand new unused condition....... and it would be very hard to find many others of this same reel in like condition.

Nobody was forcing anyone to buy anything here, and I certainly don't see this guy putting up false info unless the reel was shipped to somebody who bought it and then found it to be heavily scratched and used. THAT would then be considered someone being taken advantage of. So in fairness and despite his really lame remark, let's just scratch the thought that he is taking advantage of anyone..... because that just isn't happening.

Here's a good example...... there is a BD post right now offering a Ferrari for sale. One of the BD's bros is helping his buddy with the sale. The guy is said to have inherited this car. Since it was given to him, should he just sell it for next to nothing since it cost him nearly nothing, or should he get what he thinks he can for it??

The unknown fisherman:p:

10. daniel-neill

daniel-neill Me

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    23' IMP WA "Hook - Up!"
    It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay, that is the market. if it is too high for you, don't buy it. The market is what the market is and he must of hit the market because it sold...

How is telling people what it is and asking a price shady?

11. CDR

CDR Member

Name:
    Cory
    Boat:
    Let me fish on yours
    Sorry, if my shady comment sounded rude to some, because I wasn’t trying to be rude. My “shady” comment wasn’t because of the price increase from his original purchase, he can sell it for whatever he thinks it’s worth. Honestly I think it’s worth more than $225 and good on him for finding it at such a good deal. I think it was shady to list the item as new and never used, when it was soon discovered that he recently bought it used.

12. Cabrachupa

Cabrachupa Iron & Wine

Name:
    Mick Reilly
    Boat:
    No Boat
    Your points are well taken and in every sense of the word legitimate. Bearing in mind Caveate emptor etc, etc. But in a larger context it calls into question the inherant flaw in laissez faire commerce IE (extracting the most for the least)
    This is the very reason why there was this instinctive push back by some on this forum, the sense that most decent Americans have a revulsion of unfairness, real or imagined. This is the dilemma our country is currently faced with, as exemplified by the fact that virtually all fishing tackle purchased today in made outside the US. A recent manufacturing survey of a well known sport shoe manufacturer found that a pair of sneakers sold in the US for a $120.00 cost less than $10.00 to manufacture.

Most people instinctively understand that this is an unsustainable economic model, destroying the economic means and ability of the majority of society to support and sustain the economy of an nation. Detroit and the rust belt being the classic example. There are those who will argue that it is perfectly acceptable to squeeze as much blood from a stone as possible (this individual being a case in point), but where does that leave us as a society when there is nothing left to squeeze. IMO fairness and economic sustainability holds the key to our and our children's future and survival. The collapse of commercial fishing here on our own coast is a prime example. (resource is finite) Lastly and please allow me to apologize for the pontification. Where would the world be today if it were not for the sacrifice that so many Americans made willingly and with a sense of fairness for all, by stopping the hideous totalitarianism of fascism. I may be overstating the point somewhat, in light of the matter in hand, but I feel that in its own small way this post has spoken to who we are and more importantly who we want to be as a people.

junkyardEd likes this.
  13. ironmike

ironmike ironmike

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    nope, need to go with you or CB's
    Good eye, Jim!!:D>:( Haha! They are great reels, best for albacore ever...I still have two of those little TLD 5's...if the market demand (some fisherman) is ok with the price, it will sell, if not NO sale. no problem with making a profit.

14. iTechnology

iTechnology Newbie

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Outback Kayak

What am i missing, This was a 100% brand new never used reel that I found from a dealer that had back stock that they didn't know was sitting around since the 1990s. It was absolutely brand new, And ya when all was said and done i made $75 bucks on the reel from a buyer on this website. I was initially planning on keeping it but when i got more than one I decided to let a few go.

Is that some kind of sin? These reels were bring over $300 at some point. I got a spectacular deal and the buyer got a good deal. Try finding brand new never used TLD 5 or 10s.

15. CDR

CDR Member

Name:
    Cory
    Boat:
    Let me fish on yours
    Omg, this guy. Full triggered.

You’re a funny dude. Good luck man with your reel sales. I’m just a $10 an hour, shitty job working kind of guy.

16. writebrian

writebrian ... and I'm 6'5"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Whoever is Hot that week
    No one is mad at the sale, you just did too much thinking out loud. It's ok to feel a certain way about a certain group of people (even your fellow BD'ers), you just can't always verbalize those feelings without catching some flak.

Don't worry, they'll get over it. Welcome to BD! :D

aguachico likes this.
  17. albacore11

albacore11 Member Intrepid 200# Club

Name:
    Christopher
    Boat:
    Gone but not forgotten
    Value is always in the eye of the buyer, not the seller. Supply and demand will help dictate price. It only takes one to complete the purchase transaction.

Using a broad brush to paint disparaging remarks about your prospective buyers, certainly has not served you well. If you didn't know it before, members of BloodyDecks have very long memories and tend to be unforgiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.