I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 8, 2010
WA
Name
Tim
Boat
BOATLESS
1998 Bounty 293 Pilothouse – Kraken

34 LOA, 10’ beam, (boat is around 17K lbs. when loaded).
Purchased off of the original owner’s family in 2014. Last survey completed in 2014.

Engine and Mechanical:

1998 Yanmar 6LYA-STE (350 HP) mated to a 1998 ZF220 (1.8/1) transmission and a 23LH22 Propeller (also have a high-altitude propeller that comes with the sale for operating at around 5-6000’ in elevation). When purchased the boat had 2981 hours. Current hours are 3086 (Basically I have put 105 hours on the vessel since 2014). Reverso oil change system (makes oil changes real easy). Cruise speed (sea level) is 2600 RPM at 18 MPH with a 10.5 GPH burn rate. WOT is 3050 RPM at 25 MPH with a 18.5 GPH burn rate. Have all of the burn data on a spreadsheet (I'm a geek like that).

1998 Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust 4 stroke kicker mounted to an IMC hydraulic lift (recently stripped and powder coated). Start, stop and lift controls inside the back of the dance floor. Steering is connected to the main steering.

Hydraulic steering with two steering stations (cabin and helm) with controls. Rear steering station has trolling valve (with new cable in 2015) and stern thruster controls. Micro commander engine controls at both steering stations.

Electrical and Electronics:

Simrad NSS7 (2X – One in dash at the cabin helm and one at rear helm), Furuno 1932 Mark-2 Radar (older green screen that works great) P66 transom mount transducer as well as side scan. Standard MP5100012 Hailer, Cobra 25 LTD ST CB Radio, Standard Horizon Eclipse + VHF, Jabsco ITT searchlight, newer AM/FM Bluetooth CD player, Robertson AP300X autopilot (handheld version that can be used at both steering stations), New inverter/charger (Freedom XC 1000) with remote panel connected to 30-amp shore power (recently rewired). Pro-Troll “Black Box”.

Trailer:

Triple axle galvanized gooseneck trailer, three 7K lb Dexter axles with oil bath hubs, electric over hydraulic disc brakes. Guide-ons for launching and recovery and all wiring was recently gone through. Two spare tires and a lockable storage box for storing jack, tools and spare parts.

Fully loaded going over the scales was right at 20K pounds total for boat and trailer (suggest a 1-ton diesel at least for a tow vehicle with a drivetrain rated for such a load). Tows great going down the interstate (have had the cruise control set at 75 mph and she tows very comfortably).

Notes and Extras:

Holds 300 gallons of diesel (2X 150 tanks), 20 gallons of gasoline (for the kicker), 55 gallons of water and a new 13-gallon black water/poo holding tank. Very large fish hold (estimate around ½ tote for size) with a macerator pump out.

All new sunbrella interior cushions (minus the captain’s helm). New custom sunbrella storage cover.
New 6-gallon Whale Seaward hot water heater, rudder, cutlass bearing and Lewmar 140TT stern thruster (control wired at the aft steering station).

Lewmar windlass with 34 lb. galvanized anchor, galvanized rode (about 40’) and 400’ of 11/16 Yale Cordage 8 plait nylon rope.

Microwave, fridge and a Dickinson diesel stove. Has regular heat also that operates off of the main motor (heat exchanger). Outlets throughout the forward, mid and aft cabin. All pots, pans, silverware and cups come with the boat (nice for the family outings).

Tigress outriggers (need installed), Two Cannon Digi-troll downriggers with swivel mounts. Swim-step with stainless ladder. Tuna door for getting folks onto and off of the boat (or tuna). Lift Davit (make it easy on the back) for launching and recovering the dinghy (Hydro-Force Mirovia Pro Inflatable).
Rear fish cleaning station.

New house and cranking batteries in 2015. Another cranking battery add April 2020. Turbo and heat exchangers/coolers rebuilt in 2015.

Boxes of new and used spare parts and all of the original manuals.

New bait tank that I am building that will replace the back storage on the deck. Will be about 65 gallons when finished.

After the turbo rebuild -

Selling because I'm just not using her (105 hours in 5 years.....) as well as getting ready to retire again and wanting to downsize. Will add a few more pictures in the next few days (interior, requests, etc).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more information. Posting here first before dealing with brokers (reached out to discuss fair asking price with brokers that have listed previous Bounty's and now they wont leave me alone!).
Boat is located in Utah. Excuse some of the pics as there is a mixture of old and new. If you want something specific, please let me know.

Asking $85K obo. *****Pending Sale*****
Not looking to trade.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.jpg

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

Cushion Material.jpg

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

B1.jpg

B1.1.jpg

S.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skipjackrobert
Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Wow this is a really nice looking machine!

Reactions: Deviant
Upvote 0

Deviant

Apr 8, 2010
WA
Name
Tim
Boat
BOATLESS
Finished the final layer of fiberglass on the bait tank a moment ago and then measured/calculated capacity of the bait tank and it will be right around 65 gallons.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn on way to Florida
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I thought was looking at a overbuilt Blackman.
Wow thats a killer boat.

Reactions: Deviant
Upvote 0