Sober Fishing

Discussion in 'Personal News' started by hbouldin1216, May 16, 2017.

1. Tautog_17

Tautog_17 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    N/A
    Good for you man! Never quit trying to quit. Although I can't exactly relate to your situation, I rarely drink when I'm fishing and geeze it's a lot more enjoyable that way. Hope you find the same.

2. Pete1979

Pete1979 Member

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    Anything that floats
    Keep it up Henry! I'm in my 12th year now and it seems like I run into one of us on just about every trip.

3. Let em eat 74

Let em eat 74 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Whichever1is leaving
    Congratulations Henry on taking that brave first step. I wish you all the best in your recovery

Pete1979 likes this.
  4. mindbent

mindbent Member

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    one that floats
    I use to fish all the time years ago till other stuff became more important. Got back to the salt at 21yrs sober, went from bar tab to tackle tab. There are many of us on the boats so go fishin. Best of luck.

Vanilla_Gorilla95 likes this.
  5. Arima-bob

Arima-bob pescadore n jäger

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    Henry, that's a good thing you recognized your issue at a young age. Many people don't, and the road they walk is a tough one.

I caught myself going down that road as a teenager. I got into some trouble when I was 17, although sober at the time, it put some sense into me and I realized nothing good was coming from the alcohol I was consuming. I quit drinking for a few years until I was of legal age, but I never did pick it up the same. I still enjoy a beer or three, but getting drunk is not something I enjoy.
    If you ever want to fish my boat, I'll gladly take you out. I can go without alcohol just fine, but you have to deal with my addiction... damn cigarettes! Lol

fishin_kid likes this.
  6. bman440440

bman440440 I am the one who knocks!!!

Name:
    B-MAN
    Boat:
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ship Show(30' double decker pontoon),Ships&Giggles(32' double decker pontoon)
    and another great side effect of being sober... there is generally a lot more money to buy stuff for the boat and fishing gear... I know this from personal experience!

7. matt86m

matt86m Not worthy of a Title

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    20' Tiara Pursuit
    Good on you Henry! I'll buddy boat with you in the harbor once I get my jon boat up and running. Got the 9.9 mercury humming yesterday. Time to get the boat outfitted. Need to hook up and check out all you have done to yours.

8. Tuna Vic

Tuna Vic I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Victor
    Boat:
    18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
    Proud of you young man,you'll never regret your decision,catching fish always gives you a special buzz anyway,no other stimulus needed!

9. CaptJgray

CaptJgray I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jeff Gray
    Boat:
    hell no....
    FWIW David Choate (Wahoo Dad) is a great charter master to fish with and talk to about these issues. Not only that but people become better fisherman just being in his presence. And he is a truly amazing human being, always willing to help, listen, and teach. One of the truly best men I know and I am proud to be his friend