copper7

Waterman
Apr 28, 2006
San Diego
Name
Chris
Boat
Paddle board
I scouted my areas already and saw no signs of turkeys. Too much water, too much green it seems. I think I'll wait till things dry out a little more.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
did a 12 mile hike in to "my" spot and had a couple of gobblers and two jakes coming to the decoys when a hen flew down and landed in the decoys.
Now this can be really really good or really bad.If she stays in the decoys you have a legal live decoy.She didn't!
After about 2 minutes in the decoys she moved off and took the toms and jakes with her never to be seen again.Five more mintues with out her help and a tom would have been in the bag.
^^%$%&*((&^%%%^ turkeys!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    did a 12 mile hike in to "my" spot and had a couple of gobblers and two jakes coming to the decoys when a hen flew down and landed in the decoys.
    Now this can be really really good or really bad.If she stays in the decoys you have a legal live decoy.She didn't!
    After about 2 minutes in the decoys she moved off and took the toms and jakes with her never to be seen again.Five more mintues with out her help and a tom would have been in the bag.
    ^^%$%&*((&^%%%^ turkeys!

Sounds exciting!
    Good job finding a spot more than 2 mis. from a road too....
    Or.....How many roads did you cross between where you parked and where you hunted ? LOL

Upvote 0

IMAKECARSFAST

provider of protien
    Aug 24, 2004
    ramona
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    22foot, glacierbay center console, REEL BROKE
    my spot was 20 yards from a road... and if any of you guys drove up the 78 to the hill... you passed me!

set up right where i thought they would be..... but they flew to the "other" field.... boooo

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    my spot was 20 yards from a road... and if any of you guys drove up the 78 to the hill... you passed me!

set up right where i thought they would be..... but they flew to the "other" field.... boooo

I was probably pretty close to you...at least you saw some.

Upvote 0

Vermonster

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 26, 2003
    Escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    Sean
    Boat
    I'm a Ho'.....
    Headed out in the morning. Not sure if I will hit the typical spots that were probably blasted this weekend, or try to find some out of the way place.......

Upvote 0