tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
They retired and moved to Oregon for tax reasons.

Yup, Oregon and Washington have had record runs of albacore for the past couple of years.
several dozen bluefin, along with a handful of yellowtail and dorado have been mixed in with their counts up there too.
As soon as the weather co-operates, they will be at it again this year.

Reactions: Pitman and J.AkuHed
Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
The Pacific Warm Blob has sent them up the way of the Washi Googans for our entertainment.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Yup, Oregon and Washington have had record runs of albacore for the past couple of years.
several dozen bluefin, along with a handful of yellowtail and dorado have been mixed in with their counts up there too.
As soon as the weather co-operates, they will be at it again this year.
Steve good luck on your trip, I hope you slay them, I've been telling a friend to jump on your
trip for a few months, and he didn't listen, . you need to post what he is missing out on.

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
I remember catching Bluefin/Yellowfin and Bigeye at the Coronado Islands in 84. 84 was probably the best season ive ever seen.

I remember this from last week. With the exception of Bigeye-yet

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Even though its an el nino year I have this feeling that that warm water off the NW is gonna nudge the albis south this year.
I predict good albi fishing soon.:)
me n ch alb trip to the 43.JPG

South of the 43 in 04

Upvote 0

pura vida

Pura Vida II
Jan 29, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Gene Miller
Boat
Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
They are still there....that is up North in Washington. I got tired of waiting for them down So and trailer-ed to Washington and had a ball.

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Tombo, meh, I'd rather catch mahi and take a shot at a Ono.

Reactions: J.AkuHed
Upvote 0

Pitman

Almost A Member
Jun 17, 2008
OC, SO-Cal, Pago Pago
www.booyaa.com
Name
Pitman
Boat
POS
I think Star-Kist canned them all
I do a little bit of work with the boats that fish for Star-Kist in the Western Pacific (American Samoa). I was blown away that the Purse Seiners take is about 95% skipjack in that area (Chunk Light) with a few YFT & BET mixed in. The Albacore come off the very deep fishing smaller long line boats in the area.

Upvote 0

matta57

hack
May 30, 2010
goleta
Name
matt
Boat
none
Its funny because i remember Albacore was all we could get on 1/1.5 day boats that i was on for a few years in a row. Telling myself i miss the other species. I won the 91 oceans shootout tournament on the horizon and we were on a school of giant bigeye right off the coast of ensenada. Maybe 4 miles out.

Its been many years since ive heard about Tuna being caught right off the coast of so cal. I think we are in for a crazy few years of fishing.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Loch Ness monster showed up in SD Bay.
Goddamn loch ness monster!
gdlochness.jpg

Reactions: Fleeter
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I do a little bit of work with the boats that fish for Star-Kist in the Western Pacific (American Samoa). I was blown away that the Purse Seiners take is about 95% skipjack in that area (Chunk Light) with a few YFT & BET mixed in. The Albacore come off the very deep fishing smaller long line boats in the area.
I know that is was a joke, that is why I only been eating my own canned Tuna for the last 30 plus years

Upvote 0