Jun 5, 2006
Harbor Island, San Diego Bay
www.guardiancharters.com
Name
Evan
Boat
2520 Parker
180839-1431724972-248ee1f5a8578e9448531f78c730baad.jpg

So this happened yesterday. Captain Mike, "Woody", Wood, of Guardian Charters, had an offshore trip yesterday, and found yellowfin within 30 miles. "After a frustrating morning of hitting empty kelps, and chasing non productive birds, we decided to slow troll back to the Rosarito area where the yellowtail bite has been the past few days.", Woody goes on to say, "The water was cold, 64.4 degrees, but pretty clean", he goes on to say, "I marked a few fish, (which I thought were bluefin), at about 60 feet, saw a mako jump, and about 30 seconds later, BANG! We're on! I thought, 'crap, a mako or bluefin', but to my surprise, a nice, fat yellowfin! We marked a small school, but they were cold, and didn't want to play. I think this is the first yellowfin landed this year within 30 miles, and I think that's a real good sign of how the rest of the season will pan out."
There you have it folks! Yellowfin in 64 degree water, in May, within 30 miles. Guardian Charters is filling up fast, and if you wait to book, you might miss the proverbial bus.

Tight lines and straight shots!

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
cool ...if the season progresses as it should make 60 #ers by aug

Reactions: woody82270
Upvote 0

woody82270

Feb 25, 2009
San Diego
Name
Woody
Boat
Parker 2520
Thanks guys....I'm pretty sure this is a good start to hopefully a banner season. I'm gonna try and stay humble, and remind myself that it's just time on the water, a little knowledge, and a lot of luck! To everyone that wants specifics, sorry, you'll have to come out with us, lol. Tight lines guys!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Nice tuna,damn!
Luckily tom brady didn't get a hold of that.LOL

Reactions: jollanes