So i wanna make sure im not offending anyone by doing this.............

Feb 17, 2005
laguna
Name
jorge
Boat
none
i spoke to tracy, randy's wife today.

she said its a great idea, and randy agreed.

and as for anyone who would be offended she said

verbatim

"randy agrees with me, anyone who would be offended by that isnt someone we want on the royal star"

good people, he would be happy they will be present.

brianw

Mar 25, 2004
RAMONA
Name
Brian
Boat
19' GLASTRON,ONABUDGET
I don't think anybody on this board will have a problem with what you're doing. B.havens said it perfectly. This is something that is very important to you and your family, and if somebody doesn't like it piss on them. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

fishaholic

Mar 7, 2004
Lake Elsinore,Ca.
Visit site
Name
RICH
Boat
which one?
i'm a long time lurker,1st. time poster. i to lost my pop who taught me to fish,respect the water. he told me 4-5 places he want'ed to be left at. i have done those places and more. even gave some to friends who were going to other countries. they all said they would be honored. God bless you for doing as he wanted. i also use his gear ,so he still lives on.

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
When Mel from the AllCoast board passed away, we took his ashes on the Qualifier to Aliejos during FF02.

We 32 good friends who had met on Allcoast over the years gathered on the stern at sunset.. 1 star was in the sky.. and scattered his ashes at the Rocks.

We had a ripper YFT bite the next day.. very beautiful , and where I would want to be left... and remembered.

Your doing the right thing ... and Glad Randy is so behind ya!!!

Sherrita

Steve
Apr 12, 2004
Pt Loma
Name
Steve Perry
Boat
32' Blackfin
How are YOU about it.

Mabe at night when nobody is around ???

Feb 17, 2005
laguna
Name
jorge
Boat
none
im actually happy with it.

the service was today. it was great, im actually looking foward to doing it.

Papa "J"

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
stand_up_angler said:
i spoke to tracy, randy's wife today.

she said its a great idea, and randy agreed.

and as for anyone who would be offended she said

verbatim

"randy agrees with me, anyone who would be offended by that isnt someone we want on the royal star"

good people, he would be happy they will be present.
Sorry for your loss & glad this will work out for you.

If you decide to do something here as well I am offering my boat at no charge for you & family...anything we can do to help out a Bd'er, just let me know!

skippajack

Jul 16, 2004
kauai,hi
Name
Skip Boranian
Boat
17ft whaler with cab
Sorry for you loss brah, you have a great trip and stick abunch for your dad I am sure thats what he would want. Good luck!

Aloha Skippa

Feb 17, 2005
laguna
Name
jorge
Boat
none
Papa "J" said:
Sorry for your loss & glad this will work out for you.

If you decide to do something here as well I am offering my boat at no charge for you & family...anything we can do to help out a Bd'er, just let me know!

i appreciate that man, it means a lot to know that the fishing community is there for one of its own.

Luv2Fish

Apr 30, 2004
Chino Hills,CA
Name
Mike Shirer
Boat
Intrepid
Again...sorry for your loss...but....this is EXACTLY how I want to go. Although I wasn't there to see it...I believe Dennis Bunker (founder of Smoooooth Drag) had his ashes scattered at I think I heard it was Guadalupe Is. I could be wrong about that. Dennis passed some years ago now.

tail slapper

Mar 9, 2005
costa mesa
Name
tail slapper extrodanair
Boat
just sold,
I Know Randy, and although you havent posted it yet .. He will not have a problem with it.
Hope you and the family are doing well. God Speed on normalcy, but that should conclude after you trip. Pops would have been proud of you for you due duillagence.

Feb 17, 2005
laguna
Name
jorge
Boat
none
tail slapper said:
I Know Randy, and although you havent posted it yet .. He will not have a problem with it.
Hope you and the family are doing well. God Speed on normalcy, but that should conclude after you trip. Pops would have been proud of you for you due duillagence.

im sure he wouldnt, he actually might be driving that trip even though he is just getting back from an 18 day 48 hours earlier.

randy is a top knotch human being. my dad often said that he will be happy if i turn out to be even half the person randy is.

rowdyrod44

Coach
Sep 21, 2004
Pacific Beach, CA.
Name
Rodger
Boat
n/a
Not only a stand up angler, but a stand up guy. I'm on that trip also and I say, Spread away mate', you'll have a lot of us sentimental old farts shedding a few tears of our own, remembering days spent with our late fathers. Glad to read Randy was all for it. What you are doing will only add to the
memories we will have from this trip. Good on ya'!

tail slapper

Mar 9, 2005
costa mesa
Name
tail slapper extrodanair
Boat
just sold,
stand_up_angler said:
im sure he wouldnt, he actually might be driving that trip even though he is just getting back from an 18 day 48 hours earlier.

randy is a top knotch human being. my dad often said that he will be happy if i turn out to be even half the person randy is.

.... Wow .. by the gestour you are doing by sea on randys boat, I can only imagine you are.

remington

Sep 25, 2003
Cali
Name
Me
Boat
Spartacus
Sounds like your pops was a heck of a guy and you're actions are applauded by giving him the farewell he asked for. :)

God speed to your dad and as others have said, I would think a WFO bite will be in the cards....Put the screws to them bro and remember you're fishing for two on that trip if you know what I mean....

remington

papagallo

Senior Sales Consultant
May 26, 2005
Temecula
Name
Jerry
Boat
Parker 2310 W/A (One day...)
Sorry for you loss, so sorry... I am sure that he will be looking upon you and smiling with pride. Hell, I couldn't think of a better way to do it than that. Good for you, bro. Anyone who has a problem with that must have rocks in their head. Go for it !