So I guess I'll sell?

Dexter Outdoors

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Some might recall my long, sometimes tedious thread about re-gearing up from scratch. This culminated in acquiring what I still thing was as fine a collection of long range equipment that has been on a trip. Looks like I should sell it. The trip was enriching, but my health will preclude a repeat. Looking for advise on how to go about the sale. Hoping to get maybe 60% of what I paid - which I think is pretty fair for stuff that is well cleaned up after one trip for all but a couple of setups, and the two that have done more are well cared for and fine.

Contemplating sale of five custom UC's, Five Blue Mak SEa II's (15 thru to 50W) all with their Jerry Brown lines.

I find the rods beautiful. They are the ones in the middle of the photos here: https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/re-gearing-up-from-scratch.682889/page-4

Hoping to avoid being consumed by hassles of shipping.

E-bay, the sale section here, give it all to someone who knows how to sell on e-may, other options??

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    That sucks, at least you got one shot at it. Hope you get a good chunk of your $ back

Reactions: locvetter
    Upvote 0

mcrae

More wishing than fishing
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central California
    Name
    McRae
    Boat
    none
    Where in the world do you live? If you are near or in a Southern California location you probably can avoid shipping. You can probably profit the most by selling it through the classifieds here on BD.

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat
    20 Bertram
    Figure out how much money you got into it and sell at a package price of 70%. Also consider a trade. Trade for anything that you need/want.

Upvote 0

RichG

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 20, 2007
    California
    Name
    Richard G/
    Boat
    none
    Sorry to here you can’t go long anymore. At least you did get an opportunity to.

Post it on BD and make the price FIRM, put what ever conditions on it you feel comfortable with. Use PayPal, so you know you get you $ or the green folding stuff.

It’s nice gear. Wishing you the best of health.

Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
    Dec 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Chris L
    Boat
    Leo's
    Sorry to hear this, Loc! My vicarious long-range existence will certainly miss your preparation posts as much as your reports.

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    I am, indeed, in Salem, Oregon. So here is what I have decided to do: I am going to hold out hope of fishing for smaller stuff in the future. I do dread the notion of doing a bunch of shipping. so I am going to try and find a buyer for by three larger setups -- Mak SEa 30II, 50II and 50WII together with a UC Viper, and two UC Invictus. To be sold all together.

I have just posted this on Classified used rods and reels:
    https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/3-blue-sea-iis-and-custom-uc-rod-outfits.730971/

Upvote 0

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
    Sep 19, 2005
    La Quinta
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
    One thing that amazes me about this site is that I see people asking retail or for nearly everything. You should ask far more than 60%. More like 85 to 90%. Often times I see NIB or “a few boat rides” going for more than they are selling for online. Maybe they don’t get asking but they must it or close. Many are making a living selling on this site. So unless you need these gone tomorrow I’d ask adjust those numbers up? Those Blue Mak’s are beautiful. If you break up the package (don’t think you will need to) PM me.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    One thing that amazes me about this site is that I see people asking retail or for nearly everything. You should ask far more than 60%. More like 85 to 90%. Often times I see NIB or “a few boat rides” going for more than they are selling for online. Maybe they don’t get asking but they must it or close. Many are making a living selling on this site. So unless you need these gone tomorrow I’d ask adjust those numbers up?
    Thanks, Dan,
    I think you are saying I have undervalued this set of items. I know, having paid full retail for this stuff, I'd jump on it at this price now. It would still be my best choice were I going on a trip where kite, big bait, or chunking were options for cows.

I have never sold here before, but somehow feel it would not be right to up my asking price at this stage.

Loc

Reactions: FishAcquisition
    Upvote 0

Hismosa

• Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Thanks, Dan,
    I think you are saying I have undervalued this set of items. I know, having paid full retail for this stuff, I'd jump on it at this price now. It would still be my best choice were I going on a trip where kite, big bait, or chunking were options for cows.

I have never sold here before, but somehow feel it would not be right to up my asking price at this stage.

Loc
    Your price may even still be on the high end considering you're only listing as a package deal. Will be more difficult to find a buyer for all of the items together. Your best bet would be to list individually or take a bigger hit on the price.

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Loc, don't sell! You will be stronger next year. I will take you Halibut and Albacore fishing in Oregon. Make smarter decision next summer.
    Rod,

As you can see, I have partially taken your advice. For now I am keeping things I might use fishing with you up here. Hope is a good thing!

Reactions: RichG
    Upvote 0

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
    Sep 19, 2005
    La Quinta
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
    Thanks, Dan,

Loc
    I appreciate your integrity, but you haven’t agreed to sell and then Up’d the price. Agreed as package someone might want to buy at a Discount. Individual pricing would bring more. 10 Day plus Cow Trips are just Starting. Beautiful choices, anyone without this gear and needing it should jump on it.

Upvote 0