acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
Always changing
A few buddies of mine partnered on a 23’ Grady a few months back. It’s in pretty sound shape and they had plans to put in an aft bait tank and reconfigure the hatches by the transom. They asked me to do the work but I’m unfortunately way to busy at the moment to tackle it for them. They’ve talked to several people in the area that gave them the same answer, too busy. Any suggestions of who they can take it to or even someone who would be willing to come to their storage lot (Newport Beach marina) and do the work there at their maintenance location? They’ve so far talked to Sun Country, Steve Keen, Bills boat repair, S and S shipyard, and basin Marine. I suggested Advanced marine, but any more suggestions would be welcomed. They’ve reduced their wants and needs at this point and just want the bilge, and aft area enclosed with some hatches.

Upvote 0

acefuture

@acecraftco
Apr 3, 2019
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
Ace
Boat
Always changing
All of those places turned down work? Or is it a matter of price or the scope of work?
No It was a matter of expectations really. All of those shops wanted to do high quality builds that would take a long time. They are really just wanting something to get them on the water so pricing and time lines were just higher than what they are wanting to spend and wanted to wait.

A few months back would have been a better time of year...

They started the process a few months back but everyone’s response was way after summer and came it high

Upvote 0

Latest posts