EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Hey Guys.....Couple questions....Is there a compound/polish on the market to make them a bit clearer? I use Rainex window cleaner to clean them, but not sure if that's the best for vinyl. When you store them, do you fold them or roll them. Just trying to get the most miles out of them, also on cold days they are a pain to put up, I know I should put them up on a warm day to stretch them....Thanks

Upvote 0

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
  • Sep 25, 2008
    Westport/Renton
    Name
    Cap't Paul
    Boat
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200 G2
    Plexus, been using it for 12yrs on mine, makes crap look good. Not cheap though, twice a year i do mine with heavy offshore salt usage..and yes to roll them..
    20200719_135128.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: BugeaterInWa
    Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    I always stored mine flat, stacked on top of themselves under the cuddy cushions. Otherwise, maybe find a piece of carpet roll tube to roll them, and keep them from getting creased.

Reactions: EJ Swanny
    Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
    Mar 3, 2017
    Northern California
    Name
    Crowman
    Boat
    YES
    I take a length of thin wall 4 inch PVC to roll them up for storage. The other thing I do to protect from scratching the windows is I bought a length of flannel bolt material (from a sewing shop). I lay the flannel on a clean surface then put the vinyl window on top of it, roll a full layer of flannel on the 4 inch tube then roll it up. The flannel protects the vinyl from the zippers from making marks on the material plus protecting from scratches. I clean them with plain water, dry with micro fiber cloth and at the start of fishing season wax them with Collinite Insulator Wax no.845 for water shedding.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Plexus worked on the Grady and WorldCat. Will use it on the Allied too. Ditto about rolling up. I put a towel in between them sometimes.

Upvote 0

Latest posts