Snagged a seal or two

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by SpearBacon, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpearBacon

SpearBacon Newbie

Name:
    Ean
    Boat:
    8ft, Walden longbard surfboard
    Injured sea lion in La Jolla draws sympathy, rescue more difficult - SignOnSanDiego.com

Here is something I found interesting. Poor sea lion :gayfight:
    I will the question of wether this was intentional or not up to you...
    Wont be suffering long soon it will be stinking, which people will complain about more.

The swell was larger than expected so the lobster guys didn't get all their traps in, in-time be careful dodging the buoys in the lineup.

2. tptrench

tptrench Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, freakin furbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what you get for stealing the dozen or so yellows you took from me this summer!

3. CamHat

CamHat Newbie

Name:
    Cameron
    Boat:
    Float Tube
    Hahaha thats awesome....I mean sad, yes, very sad.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. rodngun762

rodngun762 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Boat:
    Oh brother, this is just what the MLPA closure NAZIS want to see...

5. Capt. G

Capt. G BD Outdoors Contributor

Name:
    Capt. G
    Boat:
    黒潮No.2
    I like seals.

The deck boots I have made from them never leak, and keep my feet warm, even during those cold winter seabass trips.

6. Hooops

Hooops I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Hoops
    Boat:
    17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
    Japanese Xtuff - tell me more!

7. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Gopher Killer

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    "ElizabettaC123 Today 06:38 PM
    I've seen so many birds maimed - walking around with fishing line cutting off circulation to legs that are swollen to 4 or 5 times normal size - that fishermen just disgust me now. Any day of the week you can pick up miles of fishing line anywhere people are fishing. If people have no respect for wildlife, then we need more supervision and huge fines for these morons who leave fishing lines and hooks everywhere,"

Scary, she must be on the MLPA.
    The seals have become like rats. They now live off of humans and are overpopulating. Without fishermen, half of the sea lion population would die of starvation.

8. superbang

superbang Newbie

Name:
    Bang
    Boat:
    16ft Cobra
    • <cite id="dsq-cite-20181992" class="dsq-comment-cite"> RollinandTumblin </cite> Yesterday 10:36 PM
      If anyone here was a humanitarian, they would take it's head off with a .223 Remington from a Ruger Mini-14 or a Colt AR-15 so this poor creature's suffering would be over. Oh, but we couldn't do that to
      Bambi of the sea. All the little girls, both male and female, would make a federal case of it in between their naps and TiVo'ed chick flicks. So many people..........with nothing to do.

1 person liked this comment.
    • <cite id="dsq-cite-20182371" class="dsq-comment-cite">Obamafacation </cite> Yesterday 10:54 PM
      Seriously?

Dude, how you gona wear a fur coat with a hole in it?

Get real, a club makes more sense.

That makes me LoL!

9. CHRISTOS372

CHRISTOS372 Newbie

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    none
    Can I have my lure back? Please!!!

10. NDFess

NDFess Taco Eater

Name:
    Fess
    Boat:
    Bayliner 3288
    Did you guys read all the comments below the story? That shit is hilarious!!!!

11. BWD

BWD Newbie

Name:
    Big
    Boat:
    Kayak
  12. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Lee Obvious
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras
    I hate the seals, but i hate seeing that crap.

13. johnnylite

johnnylite Never too late to change.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    I'm with Blackfish big shark bite it's nature. Leaving your trash in the ocean not too good. Nobody or no animal needs to die suffering. It happens as in shit happens but it doesn't make it right. If it gives you a thrill well you've got other issues.

14. Sherm

Sherm aka: The Sherminator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Yak
    Put it out of it's misery. Just shoot it already.

15. Spiltbeerpirate

Spiltbeerpirate Newbie

Name:
    Gopher
    Boat:
    N/A
    I don't like see the sea lions like that, but thay have become the coyotes of the SoCal seas. They hang around the piers and will swim at full steam if they hear a fishing vessel near by. They are very intelligent and it is a risk reward situation for them. They get to snake an easy meal off a fishing line with very little work, but the risk is getting hooked and tangled. They are smart, they know there is a hook on the back of the line which is why 99.9% of the time we end up with fish heads instead of a keeper to take home. These animals flock to human areas looking for the free lunch. I think if one is dumb or clumsy enough to get hooked and tangled as much as the sea lion in the picture, then I attribute it to Darwinian Natural Selection. The animal needs to be tranked and put down. End of story.

Just my opinion.

Oh, and FACT: Most "Environmentalists" and "Animal rights activists" know almost nothing about the environment and animals they claim to be protecting. It's just a pathetic attempt to improve their self esteem and they lie to themselves on a daily basis about how they are "making a difference". If you want to save the sea lions because they are cute and furry and can balance a ball on their nose, then you are a CLOWN looking for a friend!
    Being someone who got his degree in biology with a minor in marine biology, I say that the majority of those people make me sick. If they actually studied, and learned something about their "cause", most of them would not be up on their soap boxes.

Okay, i'm done with my rant, I had an Adam Corrolla moment. I will get off my soap box now.

Cheers and happy fishing.

Gopher

16. the duck

the duck u said ne taw now

Name:
    scott
    Boat:
    23, coombs, koyla
    sounds like i know where to find my next lucky lure

17. portaslayer

portaslayer Newbie

Name:
    Eddy
    Boat:
    portaboat, 12 ft, ss boat
    you guys are retards. with 'fishermen' like you, no wonder they want so many closures.

18. sam1963

sam1963 Newbie

Name:
    Sam Murphy
    Boat:
    12.5' Fish N Dive
    And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth. And the fear and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hands are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." GENESIS 9:1-3

And now that the seals are protected, thanks to all those that would do away with the word of GOD, the seals have lost their GOD given fear of man, instead of swimming away as fast as they can when they see a boat as GOD intended, the seals now see us as a free meal and also teach their young to look for the boat and a free meal instead of teaching them to hunt for themselves. It would not take many years of a bow hunting season to re-instill the GOD given fear and dread of man in to the seals that GOD intended. A rifle season would not be practical because of the range that our hunting rounds travel. Perhaps a 12-gauge deer slug season could be considered for the non-bow hunting sportsman.

The state of California would benefit greatly from the sale of seal tags and from the tax revenue generated from the sale of hunting supplies and guide services. Ted Nugent could add one more chapter to "Kill it and Grill it".

And, please, remember to be nice to divers.

19. layakai

layakai It Smells Fishy!!!

Name:
    Jared
    Boat:
    18' Hydrasports Center Console "Layakai"
  20. shortbite

shortbite Newbie

Name:
    Ironmaster
    Boat:
    Ocean Kayak Trident
    Let's keep it plain and simple! Why don't we have an open season for seals? They don't have any natural predator resulting in a over populated colony. I once read an article about their shelter in North County where they are being rescued because are starving!! No wonder, too many seals, meals became scarce.
    We have seasons for many wild animals, Seals should definitely be next on list !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.