timedjohnson

Mouth breather
Aug 14, 2009
Venice, ca
Name
Tim
Boat
Nokaoi 26
Headed out on Saturday on my boat for a few hours - excellent weather colder water not too much action. Got a few calicos on the plastics in the south end of the bay then tried the short banks for a stray yellow but no love.

Smooth Sailing.

IMG_2545.JPG

Headed down south and took my brother in law and nephew out on his boat Sunday. Tried Izor's for some good action:

Double hookup!

IMG_2546.JPG

My brother in law hooked something hefty - we could barely get it out of the rocks on 20 lb. but eventually pulled this out:

IMG_2547.JPG

Didn't have a scale but I think it was over 10. Biggest bass I've seen in a while. Couldn't revive it so we passed it off to some fellow BD'ers for tacos.

The little guy got his first unassisted bass on a surf pole I got him - good fight:

IMG_2548.JPG

Happy group!

IMG_2549.JPG

All in all a good day. Mixed barracuda, sandies and calicos all on plastics in about 90'. Probably 10 or so sandies, 3 barracuda and 3 calicos all released except two to the fellows in the scout. Can't wait to get my little guy out there - he's 2 so it will be a little while.

Have a good week.

Tim

Upvote 0

T Shark

Jun 15, 2007
So Cal
Name
Michael
Boat
My Medication
Looks like a great day! Yep, get them started early. I started my two boys before they turned three(now 19 & 21) and I cant keep them off the water ever since.

Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
right on man, good work, and glad to see the kid in a PFD

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
The boys smile says it all, nice job all the way around!

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Yo Tim, what a nice day that was to be on the water with your boys. We were on the scout that you called over to give us that fat bass. At first we thought you guys were pissed because our drift was heading your way. When you said big bass, i thought you said kick ass..lol. Glad we got closer to find you didnt want the bass to go to the dogs. We know you tried to release that big boy but his float wasnt having it. We recently started releasing bass over 20 inches to do our part for conservation, super spawners. After trying to revive him by running water over his gills we knew he was dinner. Thanks for sharing bro. Much love to Chris and the little guy for the tips. We had a great day.

Upvote 0

timedjohnson

Mouth breather
    Aug 14, 2009
    Venice, ca
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Nokaoi 26
    Yo Tim, what a nice day that was to be on the water with your boys. We were on the scout that you called over to give us that fat bass. At first we thought you guys were pissed because our drift was heading your way. When you said big bass, i thought you said kick ass..lol. Glad we got closer to find you didnt want the bass to go to the dogs. We know you tried to release that big boy but his float wasnt having it. We recently started releasing bass over 20 inches to do our part for conservation, super spawners. After trying to revive him by running water over his gills we knew he was dinner. Thanks for sharing bro. Much love to Chris and the little guy for the tips. We had a great day.

That's pretty funny. Glad you guys were there to help out and glad you had a good day as well. See you out there and happy holidays!

Tim

Upvote 0

Latest posts