timedjohnson

Mouth breather
Aug 14, 2009
Venice, ca
Name
Tim
Boat
Nokaoi 26
Headed out for a couple hours solo trip each day over the weekend (still on call - due date was yesterday). Started off Saturday with a flat on the trailer - fix a flat hooked me up on that one for now. Kind of strange conditions on Saturday - decently strong south breeze with water back down to around 68 or so from the windy afternoons I guess. Really strong current as well. Managed to pick up a few bass and a decent ling ~8lbs down south:

Ling.JPG

Met up with Justin and his buddy and headed up north to look for some more bass. The spots were loaded but not a whole lot of biters. Must have been tough for the tournament that was going on. Wind died down though and it was an extremely pleasant spot to hang out for a bit:

Conditions.JPG

Picked up a couple calicos and called it a day.

Sunday was a little better - started off with a good flurry on the suspended sandies picking up 7 or 8 in the first 45 minutes on a curly tail christmas plastic down south. Decent brownie for some variety:

Brownie.JPG

Cruised around a bit and found the bones - all I wanted on the crocodile. Nothing over a couple pounds but lots of fun:

Bone.JPG

Good weekend. All fish on swimbaits 60-80' of water with the exception of the bones.

Have a good week.

Tim

Reactions: Big Duke

smidge

Mar 29, 2006
Santa Barbara
Name
Chris
Boat
Stardust, Intrepid, Island Spirit
Nice weekend of fishing. Love catching the bones, hope I get a chance up this way.

Triple555

Captain
Aug 3, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Name
Justin
Boat
23 Seaswirl "Seasquirrel"
wish we would have gone for the bonies sat...oh well, next time.....always fun out there w ya bro!! good luck with the wifey this week!!!

see ya soon

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Any news on the baby?

j

timedjohnson

Mouth breather
Aug 14, 2009
Venice, ca
Name
Tim
Boat
Nokaoi 26
Thanks guys good times. Still waiting on the kid - should be any minute now. A bit nerve wracking.

Tim

jscrib

Whale Cock
Apr 29, 2004
Santa Monica
Name
j
Boat
VS
Thanks guys good times. Still waiting on the kid - should be any minute now. A bit nerve wracking.

Tim
Nerve wracking but worth every minute of it. You will be known as "dada" very soon. :hali_olutta:

Hope to see some pictures next time we see you at the launch. Enjoy this time and let us know when the new baby is here.

j