Outhouse

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
I know this isn't a fishing question, so I'll apologize upfront.

I'm about to leave on an 8 day trip on the Excel. Soon after I return, it'll be my 41st anniversary. I'm pondering buying my bride a smart watch. Don't want to spend the $ to get an Apple but I'm considering a Pebble. Does anyone have any experience with any of their versions?

I'm thinking about this as it will vibrate when a text or call comes in. My wife keeps her phone in her purse so she is not always able to know she got a call. My father in law is under hospice care and she worries about missing The call.

Outhouse

Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
The Apple has a horrid battery life of 18 hours. I've read the Time is good for close to a week. All I can see her use it for is to get notifications from her phone.

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
my wife has a iwatch. if she has an iPhone then I would go with apple. (I am a android guy though) no problem on battery and she gets texts and calls on her watch.
She has been happy so far with it.

reellady

I'd rather be catching TUNA
Aug 26, 2011
fresno, ca usa
Name
donna
Boat
reel lady
Personally I think the watches just a fad, big and clunky. I would change the setup on her phone to hearing impaired first, then install the free app of loud ring tones. It works for me and didn't cost anything.

Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
…..Soon after I return, it'll be my 41st anniversary…..

Congratulations on the anniversary and great timing on the trip!!!