Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Pretty much circled the entire safety net called Cuyamaca State Park today for a bunch of call backs on the gobble. Damn birds know where the fence is.:nutkick:

Sure was nice up there today. Forgot to add, Derek found a BIG ASS Scorpion (which we messed with of course) and the biggest Aligator Lizard I've seen in Cali.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
Oh yea they know right where to hide at, Internal gps shit or something!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
Jul 22, 2003
Lakeside
Name
Mike
Boat
Killin time, Bill Collector
I've been in one of the houses/cabins up there in which they allow hunting in that section. The guy has some REALLY nice bucks he shot with his bow and a few HUGE turkeys on his wall. Tried to gain access but that was a no go.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I dealt with smart ones yesterday too.....not Cuyamace but on public land next to private. Our blind was 5 yards from the fence with our decoys 30 yards behind us on the public side. Had some nice toms strutting 10 yards on the wrong side of the fence for an hour or so. Good gobble and strut show....Haha turkeys win again.

Upvote 0

gpomplin

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 13, 2006
Santee
Name
gary
Boat
A BIG RUBBER DUCK
I dealt with smart ones yesterday too.....not Cuyamace but on public land next to private. Our blind was 5 yards from the fence with our decoys 30 yards behind us on the public side. Had some nice toms strutting 10 yards on the wrong side of the fence for an hour or so. Good gobble and strut show....Haha turkeys win again.
better check if they stayed on the other side of the fence they might have had shock collars on or there was a boundry shocker to keep them in the yard...
icon10.gif

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    They are the most frustrating critter I've spent a lot of time pursuing.....They passed honkers for the honor...

Upvote 0

GLASS PADDY

Invisible Man
    Feb 16, 2009
    ABOUT 20 FEET UP
    Name
    DOUG
    Boat
    GLASS PADDY
    Little tip for ya.Leave those birds alone for a few weeks.You might just be educating them.After week 5 the hens will be sitting on eggs full time and then those guys will get really insecure.Then go back with a hen and jake decoy,put the jake about 10feet behind the hen and call with soft yelps and purrs.that will work alot of the time if no one else goes there and messes with them while your gone.Good luck.

Upvote 0

Latest posts