PENN

John Argiso

Jul 15, 2015
Malibu / La Cruz Huanacaxtle
Name
john argiso
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 26
Same spot as the previous post of mine. Didn't see any tuna today, but there were some quality yellow's around! Dove a spot at Nic today and was a lil disappointed. Only took one fish there ( maybe 20 lbs. ) as the water was really hazy and the current was pretty non existent. The Freedom set up close to us for a bit and took off soon after so I would imagine they didn't find much going on either. Made a move to a more reliable spot and it was definately the right call. Vis was blue and pretty clear, but there was a funky murky thermocline at about 40 feet. Didn't matter though, as the fish were all near the surface again, Water was 70 degrees, but only the top 10 feet, and that's what they seemed to like. Ended up with 6 fish, with two around 40. One was a single, and the other I took out of a school of 50-100 fish-of similar size. ( fricken awesome! )

I did make a drop at Nic, and as I was suspended at maybe 45-50 feet I did see two BIG sea bass just suspended in the blacksmith. As I tried to close on them, the perch scattered and they boomed off!

We were the only private out there today and it was a lot of fun. Here's a couple pics for the junkies out there.Good luck to ya!

7-18b.jpg 7-18.jpg

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    What a pair of huge home guard moss backs you have, Grandma!
    - Lil' Red

Good going, congrats!

Upvote 0

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
    Sep 12, 2010
    garden grove, ca
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Maria
    Wow makes mine look like a baby! GW

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320

Those 2 fish look like a couple missiles!

Upvote 0

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
    Sep 19, 2005
    La Quinta
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
    Looks like they are bigger when you pick them out yourself!!! That is an awesome day!!!

Upvote 0