I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Sitting here in shock this morning, decided to look through some old trips that Mike and I had taken. Found one in particular, that makes me feel how fast time flies, and how it sucks getting older. It's from the early days of BD, and contains a who's who of original members. 14 of the first 16 responses to my thread were...……
  • Surfdoc
  • The Shark
  • Byeye
  • Mots
  • KC Kevin
  • Saluki
  • Branman
  • Mot's Sr
  • Squid Viscious
  • Tunaslam
  • Captain Curt
  • MikeyLikesIt
  • Mo Betta
  • Kurt (Aggro)
Man, this sucks. Where does the time go..…….. :(

Last edited:

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Rest In Peace Mike....

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
I Just don't know What to say yet. I am a little raw with DEATH right now. I lost my Mom a month ago and another friend last week. Mike and I were not close friends but we did hunt a few times on the river in his boat. I won't forget him.

I pray for his family

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
I Just don't know What to say yet. I am a little raw with DEATH right now. I lost my Mom a month ago and another friend last week. Mike and I were not close friends but we did hunt a few times on the river in his boat. I won't forget him.

I pray for his family
Very sorry to hear that Chuck...... One of my best friends from High School, her father passed away 2 days after Christmas. Just didnt wake up one day......:(

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Fucking blows. Sluester was one of the kindest and most generous dudes I've ever knows. He helped so many of us get started on both ducks and deer, including myself and Jason.

RIP my brother.
Pretty much most of my archery deer stands and all of the duck spots are because of him..... :(

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Pretty much most of my archery deer stands and all of the duck spots are because of him..... :(
Some of my first decoys and duck calls I ever owned were from him. He was a kind person and very knowledgeable.

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
31' Innovator
From Mike's Memorial Facebook Page:

We have been trying to think of the best way to honor Mike and we decided the best way would be to have one final "Kill It, Grill It" Whether you can come for 30 minutes or stay the whole afternoon, we want you there to share and enjoy the memory of a great man, so drop in whenever you can.

The grill will be hot just like old times, so feel free to bring all the fish and other game you want to cook up! You're welcome to bring beer and anything else you feel would honor a great father, husband, and friend. Please feel free to pass this event on to anyone we may have missed.

As much much as Mike and our family love all your dogs please leave them home for the evening, the yard will not be secure.

**Please look at the address**
This might look like it's our house, but it is at our neighbors house down the street!
PARKING IS LIMITED SO BE PREPARED TO WALK

Saturday 4/3 at 2 PM – 11 PM

13238 Vanguard Way, Lakeside, CA 92040-5145

Please RSVP on Facebook if you can:

One Track

Mar 28, 2004
El Cajon
Name
Brent
Boat
Blood
I'm RSVPing here. I'll bring 20 lbs.of elk burger. That's about 60 burgers. Would some folks here, that don't have any game to grill, team up with me to provide the fixins for burgers? Cheese, lettuce, tomatos, onion, ketchup, mustard, peanut butter (not.) I'm super busy Saturday until noon. I could use the help. And, please feel free to RSVP on facebook for me. I can't have a FB account. Too many cougars out there.
Most of the youth camo that my kids wore was given to us by Mike. I have since passed it down to others. But, it all started with Sluester. Damn.

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Stopped by and visited Trish and the kids last night. She wanted me to pass along that the house where they are having the party has a grill and a Traeger to use if you want to cook your stuff there. They also might have access to the ovens inside the house. Feel free to bring anything you want to cook.
I'll be bringing some smoked yellowfin and some venison stuffed mushrooms...….

One Track

Mar 28, 2004
El Cajon
Name
Brent
Boat
Blood
Any takers? If not, I'm going to drop off the elk burger at the house.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
I'm still in shock.
RIP buddy.

JWALK

Aug 22, 2003
Orange
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
I used to have a 30' skipjack - Why did I sell my boat??!!!!
Wow,

I haven’t posted here in years. Work, family and life has seemed to overwhelm me. I’m so sad to hear of Mike’s passing. May God bless his family. I sure do miss the old days of BD. I even miss the days of arguing with Vermonster about football ;). That list of names brings back some great memories. Cherish every day.

Last edited:

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Wow,

I haven’t posted here in years. Work, family and life has seemed to overwhelm me. I’m so sad to hear of Mike’s passing. May God bless his family. I sure do miss the old days of BD. I even miss the days of arguing with Vermonster about football ;). That list of names brings back some great memories. Cherish every day.
Chargers still suck......;)

Good to see you stop by JWalk, even if just to drop a line in this thread.....

JWALK

Aug 22, 2003
Orange
Visit site
Name
Jeff
Boat
I used to have a 30' skipjack - Why did I sell my boat??!!!!
Chargers still suck......;)

Good to see you stop by JWalk, even if just to drop a line in this thread.....
Yes,

The Chargers do suck. I’ll never forgive the Spanos’s for ripping the heart out of Charger fans and the city of San Diego. It’s good to hear from you Sean.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Been thinking about Mike for a couple weeks now. Couple times a day a different memory comes up. Like the day I got a Cuban cigar. I called Mike. He couldn't rip into it fast enough.
I sure miss him.

Reactions: rdrrm8e and One_Leg

Jim n cali

May 12, 2012
TEXAS
Name
Jim
Boat
None
RIP. Can someone give some info what happened to Mike.

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Wow. I can finally "not" go South thinking about this guy. This guy turned me on to local archery. We ended up being friends, well pretty much best of friends, of which I thank god I have a lot. I miss this dude on a daily basis but this time of year? It's just not the same. It really just isn't the same. I guess I didn't know how much this guy influenced me. My kids still talk about him often because of the time of year. I still can't even take him off my phone contacts. I'd get the weekly call, "Hey Mister". WTF you doin.