Slow Pitch Jigs - recommendations?

Sep 22, 2017
ny
Name
john smith
Boat
my missy
I'm looking for slow pitch jigs - mainly to get down in a fast current, that will descend quickly. Maybe something long and sleek 200-300 ft range. I'm thinking perhaps the Daiwa Saltiga SK jigs or Xesta Slippy jigs, seafloor control spunky or cranky jigs.

Anybody have any expierence with these?

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
None of the jigs you mentioned are good for fast current. Look at SFC Arc and Short-Messiah as well as the Sea Falcon Deep Neo. These are better options for you.

JRubino

Apr 8, 2019
Pompano Beach, FL
Name
Joe Rubino
Boat
yours
None of the jigs you mentioned are good for fast current. Look at SFC Arc and Short-Messiah as well as the Sea Falcon Deep Neo. These are better options for you.
Have you used those Daiwa Saltiga SK jigs? They have them locally at chaos so they're more accessible to me than most.

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Not thrilled with them. Try the Williamson Koika, also available at Chaos. Had better success with them and they're also readily available.

Reactions: JRubino
Sep 22, 2017
ny
Name
john smith
Boat
my missy

thank you for the info. i found tomos tackle in salem MA stocks Sea Falcon...i'll give 'em a jingle.

Reactions: Chico Tan

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Reel Seat in Brielle NJ stocks both

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Yes, the reel seat in Brielle NJ.

Also, shipping from Japan is generally within a week through EMS.

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
Call them. Tell them I sent you and they'll get you square

Reactions: JRubino

shooter21

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
I've had good luck with the daiwa sk jig last year with the tuna, and just the other day bottom fishing. Some of the dudes on the boat were asking to take pictures of the jig so they could go buy some. I'm no expert
and im sure others have better action, but for the price and availability they catch fish. I think I have about 20 of them, they are my go to jig everytime.

benwah22

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.
I don't base my opinion on jigs on whether or not a tuna hits them. Obviously, it would be a point of concern if I was targeting tuna, but I do not generally do that. They'll hit anything moving. I try to focus on repeatable action, hang time and ability to stay vertical.

J blair

Jul 6, 2019
Usa
Name
J blair
Boat
Charter
Wish I spent as much time jigging as trying to find in stock jigs.
The weights and colors I want are usually sold out.

J blair

Jul 6, 2019
Usa
Name
J blair
Boat
Charter
Malta tackle website has some info on seafloor control jigs. Even has a powerpoint presentation and underwater view of jigs in action. It also lists actions of jig and power of rod. I have no dog in this, just the info.

Reactions: 96720

DR. SMASHER

Aug 18, 2011
NJ
Name
patrick
Boat
Chop Buster, 23' center console Privateer. Modded out
Why not just use diamond jigs? They catch everything and can be jigged how ever you want.

J blair

Jul 6, 2019
Usa
Name
J blair
Boat
Charter
I have and still use diamond jigs. They just have less action. In slow pich jigging the goal is to make the jig dance..

Reactions: DR. SMASHER