slow pitch jigging

rocketman1056

Jul 22, 2021
philippines
Name
ramon tuason
Boat
outrigger wood
Hi you all. Im new at this style and would like some suggestions. I have a electric rig set up with 65lb braid. Im about to spool up two Shimano Socorro 10000 spinning reels. I was thinking of removing the 65lb line and loading it into one of the socorro reels for fishing in the 300 foot depth. Load the electric reel with a 20lb braided line (with Backing) for deep fish up to 600 feet and strong current. And spool up the other Socorro reel with something in between like 40 lb braided. This would give me three set ups to fish in good conditions at 300 feet. One set up to fish strong current conditions. is this the right way of thinking?

Upvote 0

Proteus

Almost A Member
  • Jun 19, 2020
    SF
    Name
    Proteus
    Boat
    The charter with the best price.
    Hey Rocketman, Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Slow Pitch endeavor.

To start off I'll say that spinning reels are not the gear of choice for this technique, you will find conventional reels are more suited. As for electric reels, I've seen it done somewhere on a YouTube vid but I don't know how successful they were.

I suggest you take a look at the Japanese Angler Secrets website to get immersed in SPJ.

Upvote 0