Slow pitch jigging rods

gscgsc53

May 10, 2020
Marco Island, Florida
Name
Gregory Carroll
Boat
Regulator 34SS
Anyone slow pitch jigging over on west coast of Florida out of Naples/Marco area? I'd like to get into this but, I am wondering how effective it can be in our shallower water? I know Benwah22 has said it works best over 150' and that's not going to be the case very often over here. Can structure make up the difference? Any recommendations, including gear selection would be appreciated, if you think it's worth a go, thanks!

Reactions: Explorer1

Heartoak

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 13, 2018
Coto
Name
Jeff
Boat
none
Anyone slow pitch jigging over on west coast of Florida out of Naples/Marco area? I'd like to get into this but, I am wondering how effective it can be in our shallower water? I know Benwah22 has said it works best over 150' and that's not going to be the case very often over here. Can structure make up the difference? Any recommendations, including gear selection would be appreciated, if you think it's worth a go, thanks!
If you spend some time looking at Japanese and Asian fishing videos you will see that the technique works well in shallower water. You will also see that there is a lot of gear scaled to specifically fish this shallower water. Shimano and many other Japanese tackle companies produce some very fine videos that show plenty of detail. Take some time and look at these you will see that there is no one way to use this technique.
Hth, Jeff