FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
After not listening to the right words of wisdom from experts and people with expertise on this old Japanese Fishing Technique that now is creeping in to the U.S. Sportfishing community. Finally pulled the trigger in to the right direction to have one of the APPROPRIATE TOOL for Slow Pitch Jigging.

Game changer is when one listen & read the reviews/opinions of a Pro Angler who has been fishing this Slow Pitch Jigging technique for more than 7 Years now. He had used most if not all the brands of the so called Slow Pitch Rods. Paired these with different known brand reels to find which matches the rods best.

Currently Temple Reef has given him the chance to put his inputs based on the US Fishery mostly in the East Coast. With the West Coast in mind especially in SoCal where people fishing on crowded open party boats and mostly on 200-300 feet of water.

This resulted in the Correct and Appropriate Rod for Slow Pitch Jigging in the U.S. market today: The Benny Ortiz Series Temple Reef Innovate SPJ Rod of U.S. Slow Pitch Jigging GURU Capt. Benny Ortiz @benwah22 👍🎣🎣🎣

Visit Him @ FRED HALL SHOW 2020 - Long Beach Today!

Thanks Capt. Benny and its pleasure to meet and chat with you personally!

0AF98749-5BF6-4B67-A9C5-F62FAFCC7B25.jpeg

2A991DC1-5A07-46A1-8339-474607C72BE9.jpeg

DD4C8E26-D265-4AD7-A64A-4A5325056755.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
Looked for the Temple Reef Booth and could not find it. It was not even listed on the Vendor List in the Fred Hall show Vendor listing. Any one know the actual booth number. That would be super helpful.

Booth 1015 thanks
Wish that was listed in the Fred Hall Show Guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatPack
Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Looked for the Temple Reef Booth and could not find it. It was not even listed on the Vendor List in the Fred Hall show Vendor listing. Any one know the actual booth number. That would be super helpful.
just 2 booths away from OKUMA booth

Upvote 0

benwah22

Aug 16, 2016
South Florida
Name
Benny Ortiz
Boat
Whatever one I'm on.

Booth 1015 thanks
Wish that was listed in the Fred Hall Show Guide.
It's listen under USJDM/Temple Reef

I don't know why they listed it like that but it's both 1015.

Reactions: FlatPack
Upvote 0

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
Apr 17, 2007
3rd dumpster on the right
Name
Jim
Boat
Lund LX200 LFC
I enjoyed meeting/talking with Benny at the show as well. Picked up one of his Innovate rods as I think they uniquely address one of the major problems with SPJ for pelagics on long range boats: how do you keep the line from rubbing against the hull when a tuna is in it's final "death circle"?

Both of the Innovate rods are longer than the traditional/conventional SPJ rods from other manufacturers and have a much stiffer shut off roughly at the mid-point. However, they still manage to preserve the critical tip sensitivity and recovery necessary to impart the best action to the jigs. Kind of the best of both worlds that other designs don't seem to address...

Am really looking forward to trying out the Innovate on my next LR trip, and (hopefully) one day seeing Benny on a Temple Reef/Accurate sponsored focus charter!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coastalwerks

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Apr 20, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Name
    Lance De Guzman
    Boat
    Local Kine!
    Bummer I circled the place several times looking for the booth until I gave up. Good to see Temple Reef and Benny our here in the WC.

Upvote 0

lazyfisherman

Nov 28, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Bobby
    Boat
    Cattle Boats
    Met Benny at the temple reef booth on opening day. He was a wealth of knowledge and open to any discussion regarding technique and conditions to fish. I ordered the Innovate 80mh before going to Colonet and all I can say is, the rod works well for Colonet. I fished jigs in the 150gm - 220gm in 300-500 ft of water and was able to get some quality fish. The rod is going to change the way people fish for rockfish locally.

Upvote 0