Slow motion train wreck

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Only reasonable explanations are too much alcohol aboard or an officer works in sales for a local boat dealer.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I was really hoping that the dude wasn’t walking to the stern to tie that line off. WTF. This is why one shouldn’t anchor via the stern! Dip shits. I’m amazed it stayed above water as long as it did.

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I thought they wrapped their prop on something?

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    I thought they wrapped their prop on something?

nope... low sides, current against the stern, anchored to a log, hit the throttle and pulled the stern under.... Also looks like a jet drive...

Years ago as guys were learning how to anchor and pull their anchor on the Columbia River for sturgeon fishing, similar things happened...

This was on Facebook down here.... And... wow! Not sure what they were thinking...

Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
    Aug 8, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Why even pull the log in the first place? I have a hard time believing it poses more of a risk to that bridge than it does floating downstream. It's eventually going to clear itself anyway. Poor choices... On the bright side, there's an opportunity downstream for someone with the means to salvage a sunken boat.

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
    Jun 2, 2009
    Seabeck
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
    From my experience one thing is apparent.

They let all types of guys drive boats. Even high ranking low number guys that think they have "skills". It's pretty obvious you have two of such guys on the boat and one non boat guy that just wanted to go for a ride so he didn't have to shag calls for a couple hours...

Upvote 0

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
    Mar 4, 2009
    Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
    Name
    Kim
    Boat
    28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
    They need to get a small tug boat guy that does ship assist to give them some training. Of all the assists from a tug I've had through the years I have never seen one put a line up to us that wasn't hooked to their bow. Even when trying to get off the dock with a strong onshore wind they would always use a bow line and back away to help us get off. They wanted to take away the chance of the guy on the boat (me) putting too much forward way on and dragging them backwards. Basically the same thing happened here, it was the current instead. But.....they weren't thinking.

Upvote 0