tuner

pysgotwyr
May 24, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Steve
Boat
260 Mackinaw
Annette, Nicholas and I fished the Izor's area this morning. The conditions were nice, the area is jugged with anchovies and mini macks, but the bite was slow. This area should blow up any time now.

Shortly after out 8am arrival, I farmed 4 fish on two drifts. I reset several times for nothing. Annette had a fish on for a short time but lost it.

I put the sabiki out for Nicholas and he put two 8" macs in the tank.

I ran out to some deeper spots and hung the mac on a TLC/siwash and sent it down. The bait had just hit the bottom and the rod bounced hard.

Nice cabezon

cabby.jpg

On the same drift, Annette gets slammed and drops the fish. She reels up to find most of the 5.5 BH was bit clean off just below the hook. I changed the rubber and she is on again and getting ripped then zing-pow! Must have had a nick in the leader :( .

I reset the boat and dropped the last mac. When the bait was about 50' down,. I paused to check the meter and something hammered the bait then let it go. The mystery fish returned and took off with a vengeance, ripping line for a few seconds, then gone again. With all of the bait, I think it may have been a T.

With the wind rising from the West and no more macs, we called it a day and headed for the barn.

Last edited:

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Mystery fish at Izors Never heard of it.
Nice report and nice day with the family I presume

Reactions: rbfishn

Tailman

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 15, 2003
Cerritos
Visit site
Name
Lal Parsonge
Boat
18ft Pacific Inflat. Tailman
Nice talking to you out there . We had a very slow day also, one big sandy at 4 3/4 lb and I got smoked twice by big fish !!

fishfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
These frickin abbreviations! BH??? WTF is that?

tuner

pysgotwyr
May 24, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Steve
Boat
260 Mackinaw
Nice talking to you out there . We had a very slow day also, one big sandy at 4 3/4 lb and I got smoked twice by big fish !!
Hey Lal, it was great seeing you and Cory out there. I lowered my expectations after hearing you guys were having a tough go as well.