Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
So my neighbor needed a sanity day on the water. We went fishing Sunday, 11/7. Launched at grey light so we could see the damn lobster buoys that are everywhere.

Water temp was 62.5-63 degrees and there was originally no current. We bagged a fish here and there, but man it was slow. We saw a commotion on the water about a mile further out from where we were. A whale mother and calf were out there, and the mom was making a hell of a ruckus. This went on for a good half hour.

After the whale tail show, the west wind picked up and it was blowing against a smoking uphill current which made fishing nearly impossible, so we bagged it at noon.

We only landed 8 fish. 6 were on Kman Specials, 2 on a clone jig I’m working on. Yesterday was more about getting my neighbor on the water than fishing as he lost a family member last week.

The MFD pic shows how the new software displays AIS targets and how they change colors if they are deemed a threat.

698D949E-FE9A-41D9-90A4-8D8B82D02A39.jpeg

15819FCF-1FF2-4988-B490-4A9D95300974.jpeg

Last edited:

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Great video. She was warning something to stay the hell away, probably you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
She was lob tailing, warning a male or predator to stay away. Strong uphill current interesting as I did see nice surf out of south yesterday at HB. It’s November right?

Upvote 0

tom cindric

Tom-broke-off
Jun 17, 2015
Lake elsinore
Name
all she's got
Boat
22 key largo / 2670 Glacier Bay
The first time I seen one doing that I thought it was wrapped on a lobster trap, my son and did a u turn to check it out and one more appeared right next to the other one and started going the same thing. At that point we realized they just do that sometimes.

Reactions: C-4 Fishing
Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
So my neighbor needed a sanity day on the water. We went fishing Sunday, 11/7. Launched at grey light so we could see the damn lobster buoys that are everywhere.

Water temp was 62.5-63 degrees and there was originally no current. We bagged a fish here and there, but man it was slow. We saw a commotion on the water about a mile further out from where we were. A whale mother and calf were out there, and the mom was making a hell of a ruckus. This went on for a good half hour.

After the whale tail show, the west wind picked up and it was blowing against a smoking uphill current which made fishing nearly impossible, so we bagged it at noon.

We only landed 8 fish. 6 were on Kman Specials, 2 on a clone jig I’m working on. Yesterday was more about getting my neighbor on the water than fishing as he lost a family member last week.

The MFD pic shows how the new software displays AIS targets and how they change colors if they are deemed a threat.

View attachment 1332646

View attachment 1332647
We were out deep dropping a few miles from there yesterday and saw whales breach and full tails when they dove. Cool show!

Reactions: the SLIDER
Upvote 0

Chicken of the Sea

Almost A Member
  • Jul 22, 2021
    SouthOC
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    NONE
    Great video, Kurt!

I believe the whale was trying to shoo away those cargo ships. Probably tired of swimming with them as we are at looking at them.

Upvote 0

Latest posts