I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
I said years ago that I would never own another boat unless I could keep it in a slip (and afford to do so). We're at that point and I am actually going to partner with an old friend that is a previous slipped boat owner. We are on the list at Dana Point for a 28' slip (talking 8 months or so) I know I can make a few calls but figured I'd tap into the vast knowledge here. What's the availability for slips like in the other marinas? We are looking and if we find something, we'll need somewhere to put it.
Could do San Diego for a while if needed, but the intent is to be closer so we get down and utilize the thing.
If we find something on a trailer that creates a decent option if needed but not ideal.

spize909

Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
Where is Long Beach Marina?
We (wife and I)actually went on a Marina recon tour yesterday just to see where we could end up and Shoreline Village looks like a great marina......but WAY too many people for my liking. I know there are some marinas deeper in the harbor...?

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
It's tough to find a slip at Alamitos Bay, Shoreline Village is a easier proposition, it's a bit busy around the restaurants however on the water around the slips it is much quieter.
You could put your name on Alamitos waiting list and take a slip in Shoreline Village while you wait.

A few years back I wanted to put my name on Alamitos Bay waiting list but there was a charge to do and you had to pay each year you wanted to be on the list.
It may have changed, maybe another member can chime in.

Try Cerritos Bahia Marina.

Reactions: spize909

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
There are private homeowners with empty docks all over HH that are willing to lease out their docks - if you don't mind walking through a sidegate...

Just need to ask...

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Buy a boat with a transferable slip. Ditch the boat and keep the slip.

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat
44 luhrs dreamer
I keep my Whaler it Bahia,you have to be aware of tides if any radar arch or the like.Yesterday there was 8 ft clearance from the water going under the PCH bridge at high tide.My 44 is in Alamitos and the list is long on most slips.You get on the list,you go in Shoreline first and then after in you can request to Alamitos.Tom

clevel

Skipper
Jun 4, 2011
Laguna Niguel
Name
Cabo Jack
Boat
Cobia 261
Fyi waiting list gets much shorter in December and January when a good number owners pull their boat out of the water.

pescadorrr

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 8, 2013
Seal Beach,CA
Name
Pescadorrr
Boat
Parker 1801
How long is the boat you want? Be aware that in LB, they measure from pulpit to prop with the motor up. They allow you to go three feet over. Wait list is long for 20 foot slips. Not bad for 25... not sure about 30 footers but just call the marine bureau.
Bahia Cerritos is rad. It has a cool pirates of the Caribbean feel. Home of the Socal Tuna club. Lots of old salties there. Another option is the Balboa yacht club. They have a cool system where you keep your boat on a mooring but a shore boat can take you out to it, or they allow you to take their dingies.
Good luck! I believe Peters landing in HB has slips. Not sure.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
it’s around 60 or $70 to get on the list at Davies In Long Beach they tell you it’s a 4 to 6 month wait but in my experience from people I’ve talk to you over the years it’s usually a lot less, when I paid my deposit they told me six months I was in within a month and a half, you have to pay to play.

spize909

Mar 14, 2004
i.e.
Visit site
Name
jeff
Boat
no
Good to know......is that Davies like by the launch in Alamitos?

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Yes sir, Brand new docks and private bathrooms with showers. great group of guys everybody looks out for each other and shares reports. I believe it’s around 10 or $11 a foot at this point

885F55C6-0DDB-4602-A2C3-4408612B4F50.jpeg

Last edited: