Slippery Ramp at Point Loma Landing

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by harddrive, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kareem Korn

Kareem Korn Muffin Monster

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    People need to grow some thicker skin.
    The fact that one get's all butthurt when they get ribbed feeds the fire.

Just make a point, laugh off the ribbing and move on or join in and have some fun.

2. Soda Pop

Soda Pop I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    David Rouse
    Boat:
    Long range fishing
    I sort fish. LOL

3. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid
    No I'll be fishing PV in Nov..I'm doing a 14 day in Jan.......what invention you got this year????? that camera you lost was pretty slick.

4. eric harner

eric harner Caliente Tuna

Name:
    Azlandlocked
    Boat:
    RRII, PV, the Big X
    Sooo What happens when the deck of a boat gets wet and slippery in rough seas , fish blood & slime ??? Guess we all contact the landing about this dangerous condition ? Come on as stated personal safety is #1 proper shoes/boots and always be aware of you surroundings. If you are unsure or uncomfortable of doing something DON'T DO IT. Common since right ? Oh that's right it's 2013 not 1975 sorry about that.

5. Pangamaster

Pangamaster Cow Town Here I come!

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
    I guess to avoid the excess liability brought on by dangerous slippery docks the landings can do a couple of things. They can try to make it less slippery...but it's the ocean..things get slippery and wet.....someone is going to fall even if its got rubber mats all the way down and deckhands holding each passengers hand.... I think they should ban the use of carts so that there is no chance that someone overloads their cart to the point where they can't handle it. Only approved deck hands and Red shirts will have access to carts. We need to hire more red shirts to handle this customer service though and thus each trip will cost a mere 10% more. Nothing since it's in the interest of safety...and hey...it's creating jobs. Even if you are a big burly guy....nope...you have to use the new Cart service as it's just too risky and our lawyers don't want anyone having any chance of you getting hurt. We need more rules and more mandated safety requirements....after all this isn't the blue collar Long Range manly fishing of yester years.... Don't forget to tip the red shirts 50% of the new 10% fee to make sure your gear arrives safely.

6. Yolo

Yolo Outcasts

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Relentless
    Everyone will now have to be ramp certified and pass a written boat safety course. Classes are $75 and are taught by a certified ramp instructor.

Domains areas you will need to be proficient in are: Gravity, Balance, Momentum, and of course, Proper Falling techniques. Helmets, elbow and knee pads are optional. Specific Boots will be identified and if you are not wearing them you will not be allowed on the ramp area when wet. All will be closed in the event of rain.

Anyone failing to follow these new policies will be cited by the Ramp Safety Police and asked to step into the parking lot until all of those ares are dry.

We will be sitting at tables next to the recall Bob Filner ones asking for signatures to implement this policy immediately.

Otherwise, until this is invoked, please use caution, wear proper footwear, and look where you are walking. Please do not call the office or the landing manager. Please do not send us an email. All issues will be vetted and resolved here on BD.

Thank you

The Management

7. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    Replies # 44 thru 46..... LOL are you fricken serious? What a bunch of knucklehead comments :rofl:....... Actually wait a minute...... on second thought, those are GREAT assertions..... maybe there is some merit in what you all said! Yeah I got it, maybe this great city of San Diego that is in such need of money can also do away with street lights too...... ya know, just let our kids just watch for cars at all busy intersections and then sprint their way across at the best opening they see LOL LOL. Lets try this approach first at one of your neighborhoods..... I mean really now...... what was this guy even thinking by trying to do the landing and others a favor by nicely bringing up what could potentially be problem.

Lets face it...... the brunt majority of passengers of these long range trips are 60 and up........ and who really needs safety anyways..... it's far overrated! :rofl: < LOOK....my guy laughing just fell down on the ramp and can't get back up!!

Im just funning with you boys, but at the same time just a bit of seriousness ;)

Oh, and Tim, trust me I'm laughing bro..... im really laughing! :D

:imdumb: :imdumb:

The unknown fisherman:p:

8. Longshot_Scott

Longshot_Scott Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    Intrepid

Perhaps so. But with exactly the same level of validity, I could say some of the more unpleasant folks on this board need to learn more class and respect for both themselves and others and clean up their act, stop the childish dog-piling on folks that raise (in your opinions) "dumb" questions or "bogus" concerns.

Not everyone needs to be like those that do this type of "ribbing" (btw, others here might call it something else entirely.) Those doing the ribbing consider folks who get offended at the insults and berating as sissies, weaklings, gay or pansies - and regularly say so. But those who don't do the ribbing could just as easily come back saying those who do this type of thing are pre-pubescent males, have short dick syndrome, are compensating, are classless, or other equally complimentary statements - again, insult slinging just like those who do this do to them.

My point? 1. Insulting others doesn't make someone any more of a man. The two things have no relationship at all. 2. No one on this board is in a position to say that everyone here has to act like them or get over it. FWIW, my own observation is that none of the folks who are respected the most on this board typically indulge in berating others for raising *any* questions or concerns. If it's a valid question or concern for them then why not address it without all the testosterone or sarcasm? As one of the long time veterans of the board mention last week to me, "They wouldn't ask such a question if they knew already! So why not just answer it?" Same goes with concerns.

I won't comment on Harddrives ramp concern here. I just want to point out that some types of behaviors invite others to join in this sport and their participation on this board. And that brings fresh blood, new ideas and potentially new friends to fish with. Other behaviors drive people away. And bringing others into this addiction helps to ensure the future of this sport. Something to consider.

9. Steve K

Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    The original question, owner? Call the offices of LoPreste Dunn (RP and Shogun) and ask for Frank.

The phrase "Lighten up Francis" is going to be very relevant here. Nobody here on BD can fix this, but when it's slippery, ask the crew for help but unloading fish from the main pier at Point Loma surely helps. Really, when it's a low tide morning, if your crewmembers aren't already helping, you should look elsewhere.

10. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    Fucking Obama...

11. free_gaff

free_gaff Newbie

Name:
    Craig Simcox
    Boat:
    any LR
    check the tide tables...book your trip for a high tide in the am on return day:finger:

12. Crashburn

Crashburn Executive Board Member

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !

I think it all started with the slipper in his title, then throw in the BFT count is dwindling and Saluki hasn't been spending much time on BD lately. Basically I think harddrive has a valid point but was just in the wrong place at the wrong time on a slow day. :D
    Carry on !

13. okie man

okie man Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    kerry way
    Boat:
    18' javalin
    the ramp at point loma is not steep. now the ramp at homer Alaska is steep. i can see it now. frank will add another dock charge for more red shirts which will end up a surcharge on us because the geriatrics can't push a cart up the big slick ramp. if you're so fucking old you cant help unload your fish, have someone show up to help you and give them some fish. i aint payin for it!

14. Smudge

Smudge Moderate

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    I'm just a deckhand...
    Fuck you guys. Our ramps SUCK! I'm stoked that we moved the Mission Belle to the first finger after the DIII left. The ramp leading to the El Capitans's finger and the last ramp at the end of the dock are BULLSHIT. I've pushed dock carts up those ramps more than most of you guys put together and I've been damn near killed several times. Any idea what it's like to lose it pushing a cart full of humbolt squid up one of those things? Scott ate shit and I had to jam the cart into the rail to keep up from being backed over. We do that shit day in and day out and still eat it on those two ramps. We've complained over and over.

Maybe they'll do something if you guys paying to fish complain!

15. lynndeva

lynndeva Fishing mom

Name:
    Debi
    Boat:
    Wellcraft Coastal
    the BFT picked back up today :hali_olutta: Pride got limits and I think Thunderbird got a bunch too, along several other boats..bite's back on!

16. Yolo

Yolo Outcasts

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Relentless
    Look, if I want to be insulted I will post in the Sports Forum.

All joking aside, the OP makes a point. In reality we will probably see Red Shirts doing all the cart pushing and a small fee tacked on for handling charge. Expecting a volunteer to step off of a long range trip after taking medication of not sleeping well and then push a very heavy cart up a ramp is certainly a recipe for disaster.

m

17. Simon Bon Bowery

Simon Bon Bowery Lizard Fish Hippie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"

Yep, Push a dock cart up this...

Attached Files:

18. Kareem Korn

Kareem Korn Muffin Monster

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    How much time out of your life did you waste writing this?
    Grow a thicker hide and move on.
    Keep crying about all the meanies and feed more trolls.
    Quit sweating over people you only know on the internet.
    Dont be a menice to south central while drinking your juice in da hood.

19. MikeeDaGuy

MikeeDaGuy Fishin FIN-Attict

Name:
    Mikee
    Boat:
    12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
    Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt!!

20. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    I am hereby sorry to anyone I have offended....except the guy that accused me of having a small dick

I