Slinging a Farallon 25

Backcountry

Jul 30, 2020
Norcal
Name
Daryl
Boat Name
Boston whaler 21
Anybody lift a Farallon 25 whaleback with a sling or harness? If so, where did you attach it or if you have pics that would be great. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat Name
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
Happens all the time @ Port San Luis. Brent who runs the launch has a Farallon. So do a few other Coms. They are not attached they go under the hull.

Last edited:
Reactions: marlyn
Upvote 0

Backcountry

Jul 30, 2020
Norcal
Name
Daryl
Boat Name
Boston whaler 21
Happens all the time @ Port San Luis. Brent who runs the launch has a Farallon. So do a few other Coms. They are not attached they go under the hull.
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try giving him a call to see if I can get more details on placement and straps to use.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat Name
Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try giving him a call to see if I can get more details on placement and straps to use.
Go to Port San Luis Sport Launch Facebook there could be some pic's of boats hanging on the sling?

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
The lift has the straps and they determine placement,all you do is show up.

Upvote 0

seanstewart

Skipjack Mafia
Sep 13, 2016
Santa Barbara, CA
Name
Sean
Boat Name
Skipjack 25' Fisherman
How about for shaft drive boats? Maybe not so tough getting it off trailer as you could pass strap under strut easily then, but how about getting it out of the water?

Upvote 0

Backcountry

Jul 30, 2020
Norcal
Name
Daryl
Boat Name
Boston whaler 21
How about for shaft drive boats? Maybe not so tough getting it off trailer as you could pass strap under strut easily then, but how about getting it out of the water?
Agreed. I talked to a guy that slings his 27 at this pier. He is able to do it with certain reinforced lift points. Sounds like it’s gonna work out. I’ll ad pics when I figure it out.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Gotcha,If its roll your own id definitely call farallon and check on where they say the reinforced lift points are and strength of lifting straps recommended.

Upvote 0

Dragon

It is what it is...
May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat Name
Then you are going to want the strap system custom made, Dont want to have them break and drop the boat in the drink. It takes some trial and error to get the balancing point right., I think you would be ahead to hang out at the crane/boom and just observe. Or talk to the lift operator they can probably point U in the right direction...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest posts