May 20, 2019
Pennsylvania
stop-fishing-start-catching.com
Name
Luke
Boat
No Boat
Hey yall!

We went down to the river to do a little catfishing! Lucky for us there was shad running in the river too and with a couple throws of a castnet we were slammed with bait. We cut up a bit of the fresh shad and BOOM - did we have a day!

What's your favorite bait for catfish? Our favorite has got to be cut shad baby!

Upvote 0

stella marina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    "where you at uncle Andy"!
    good vud

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
    Mar 3, 2017
    Northern California
    Name
    Crowman
    Boat
    YES
    I heard there possibly in Clear Lake but never heard or read that there in Berryessa. The point I was making is the Southern boy was posting in an area that historically doesn't have them asking what bait we use.

Reactions: dsl
    Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    I heard there possibly in Clear Lake but never heard or read that there in Berryessa. The point I was making is the Southern boy was posting in an area that historically doesn't have them asking what bait we use.
    Several years ago I released a blue around 10lb, caught a 33 in Channle the same evening .

Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    I used Blood Dough, and goose liver, dough balls, I've heard Mackerel, cut shad, anything stinky, but shad is local to the lake. In CA.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

dsl

• Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    San Vicente Reservoir.

Fishing at San Vicente Reservoir​

San Vicente is a steep-sided clearwater reservoir which is dominated by warm water species like Florida strain largemouth bass, crappie, redear sunfish, bluegill, channel catfish and blue catfish. Rainbow trout are occasionally stocked by the state of California’s Department of Fish and Wildlife in the winter.

While best known for the tremendous bass fishing, San Vicente is home to the last two blue catfish state records; a 101 pounder in 2000 and the current record, a 113 lbs. 5 oz monster caught in 2008

Upvote 0