SKS build poll

Discussion in 'Gun Talk' started by BadKarma, Feb 11, 2018.

?

What stock and what optic?

1. Tapco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wood

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Sage ebr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sabertooth mkii

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6x44

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 4x32

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. 1-6x

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. 1-8x

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    Quick little poll....At a bit of a indecision point with my sks... current it’s wearing a tapco with a 6x44. My comtemplation is whether to leave in the tapco, have it wear the wood stock, the matador arms sabertooth mkii, or the sage ebr? Next is to use the 6x44, 4x32 or a 1-6x or 1-8x optic? Here’s some pics as well. My sks is pictured with the tapco with the 6x44, 4x32 and the wood. (You can select multiple options in the poll) thanks

AD3067E0-D619-4D2C-A52E-265394D79E70.jpeg 03F35081-585D-449B-879A-6738A6F130E9.jpeg 09D3DBA6-81EF-429D-B9DE-D5D3B5E2E651.jpeg D4B69029-3729-4CEC-B32E-03965D512495.jpeg E68E2770-74E4-4DCC-B821-A9FEE9F2C724.jpeg

2. UnBelievable

UnBelievable F.V. UNBELIEVABLE

Name:
    Norm Campbell
    Boat:
    UnBelievable
    I will tell you from experience. Change ANYTHING AND I MEAN ANYTHING it will be deemed a assault rifle and seized from you in our lovely state of California. Lost a paratrooper SKS and a stainless mini 14 that way. Just added synthetic stocks non folding.

3. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    i would love to hear the who,what, where,why,and whens of your story.would you share?

marlyn likes this.
  4. Jim n cali

Jim n cali Never going back to Cali!!!!!!!!!!

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    May as well toss your cash in the trash!
    Leave as intended, anything else looks like dog shit!

MikeyLikesIt likes this.
  5. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    No folding bayonet?

6. UnBelievable

UnBelievable F.V. UNBELIEVABLE

Name:
    Norm Campbell
    Boat:
    UnBelievable
    Wounderful city of San Diego checkpoint. They were looking for DUI expired registration and such. They saw the butt of one of the long guns and made me open the rear hatch. One of the officers claimed they were illegal assault weapons. The SKS Paratrooper is a very short version and he said it was illegal. They took the stainless mini 14 as it had a synthetic stock not the wooden factory stock. I was told they would be returned after verification of them being legal. Shortly thereafter I was notified both were deemed illegal assault weapons as they were modified from factory. The synthetic stocks were not folding and as close to factory as you could get. The fact that their lab determined they were illegal was not able to be argued in court and the cost would easily exceed the worth of the firearms about 1300.00. So make sure you completely cover your firearms so completely out of sight. I was returning from a shooting range and had ammo separate and they left my shotguns and pistols with me. Just another day in paradise in the wounderful state of California.

marlyn likes this.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    So played around with it. The wood stock is what I ended up going with with a 6x prismatic. Eventually going to a 1-6ish scope, possibly a scout scope. The issue with the optic choice is interference with stripper clips. The addition of a Bradley cheek rest helps with the cheek weld issues I’ve been encountering using the prismatic optics.
    Also added a vz58 muzzle brake from jmac. Both rifles share the same threading so it was a easy project.
    I have left the bayonet on. It did get a coat fo black paint simply because Im not a big fan of the shiny gray paint the bayonet came in. I’ll try and get some pics of the completed project soon.

As far as the confiscation issues... I’ve noticed even gun range staff are ignorant of how to interpret the legislation of this lovely left coast state. When going to and from the range, fire arms are locked, ammo locked, and stored where I can not access them from inside the vehicle in yet another locking compartment. Thinking is if they want to play games, I’ll play the games better than they do haha.

8. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    Here’s some pics, just waiting on the cheek rest. Very soft recoil, and loud as hell! Fun rifle to shoot. Had issues with the optic but that’s an issue I’m working on.

135AEB22-A1BA-495F-BD06-BA2B2B28BF32.jpeg 2B72D860-5457-4C2A-83F1-5A2DD9801186.jpeg

9. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
  10. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    Here’s almost finished project next to my other on going mosin project. Mosin was in the plastic stocked and cerakoted by the shop I bought it because of the disrepair the original owner had brought it in as a trade. Was priced to sell and couldn’t say no.

738D1FFA-80EE-463D-B653-9E161AC2670F.jpeg B435B58E-37FE-4B55-AD35-A290254C8DED.jpeg

11. Cast Gold

Cast Gold hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....

Name:
    Kris
    Boat:
    Mike's
    OP you may want to familiarize yourself with what is considered to be assault weapon features as they apply to your pieces.

telescoping stock
    pistol grip
    flash hider
    vertical foregrip
    bullet button (where applicable)

12. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    Here’s the more less finished product with my almost done mosin. By far my favorite rifles.

4599F2E1-066E-4EB5-B41F-C1DC7855E8CC.jpeg 8ED2FB76-63E7-4BBF-A806-612F83805FAB.jpeg 70A73841-218A-46D6-89D2-7C60F6719240.jpeg