Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Thanks Joe. His did! I"m wondering why. Also if it is a pin hole leak that is accessible has any one tried a light (only with diesel) brazing. I did this with heavy equipment and it held for years. How about JB weld for gas. Just asking?

uriast

Dec 13, 2005
w.covina
Name
tony
Boat
262 skipjack
Sorry for being late. I do have a new sending unit ,if you want it Garyk . The return line for the fuel is an adapter at the fill line, you can see it on one of the pics. And the reason I used a 90 on the feed line was because the original was about 1/2 inch off, so I improvised instead of cutting. The pinhole was in a rotted area, if I'm taking out the tank , why risk it by patching. Time and safety was much easier.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2013
Downey/Ca/USA
Name
Pete
Boat
Paddywagon
Good to see you got er done Tony. I think you PM'd me and I didn't hear back. Sorry I couldn't be more help but thankfully I haven't had an issue with my tank. Mine looked like it would just slide out if I needed to remove it but I might be mistaken. My Skip is a '94' and she has been thru some seriously rough seas with no problems.

garyk

Sep 16, 2009
Santa Clara
Name
Gary
Boat
Skipjack 26'
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered a new replacement fuel sender. Spoke to Mary at Centroid and she said that they weren't sure the exact depth of my tank but said that 27" is what she felt was probably correct size. I told her it wasn't that critical for the sender to go all the way to the bottom of the tank since I have never gone below 100 gallons of the 170 gallon capacity. The sender went out 3 years ago and I didn't know how difficult it would be to remove the deck to expose the sender. So I decided to just install a flow meter since I wanted one anyway. I just need the fuel gauge to tell me that the tank is full when filling up. Was it easy to lift to deck to expose the gas tank?

Regards,
Gary

uriast

Dec 13, 2005
w.covina
Name
tony
Boat
262 skipjack
Yes real easy. Just cut the silicone around the edges. I used a small pry bar just to get me fingers under it. Pulled it up . I'll measure the sender when I get home and post the length

2strokepoke

nimrod
Sep 14, 2010
orange, ca usa
Name
danny
Boat
dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I just ordered a new replacement fuel sender. Spoke to Mary at Centroid and she said that they weren't sure the exact depth of my tank but said that 27" is what she felt was probably correct size. I told her it wasn't that critical for the sender to go all the way to the bottom of the tank since I have never gone below 100 gallons of the 170 gallon capacity. The sender went out 3 years ago and I didn't know how difficult it would be to remove the deck to expose the sender. So I decided to just install a flow meter since I wanted one anyway. I just need the fuel gauge to tell me that the tank is full when filling up. Was it easy to lift to deck to expose the gas tank?

Regards,
Gary
gary,
i did mine last summer, upgraded to the new wema style from centriod. i went just under 27", it gives me more of a reserve in case i ever need it.

garyk

Sep 16, 2009
Santa Clara
Name
Gary
Boat
Skipjack 26'
Tony, thanks for the feedback on lifting floor and measuring your sender length.
Danny, I almost switched to the Wema style since they seem easier to find in stock but decided to order another Centroid and wait the 2 week delivery. Centroid suggested I order a 27" so that's what I'm getting.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
The pinhole was in a rotted area, if I'm taking out the tank , why risk it by patching. Time and safety was much easier.
I agree if you have it out. I just didn't know if a patch could have worked instead of pulling the tank. It does depend on location and accessibility. Thanks for the reply.