For Sale Skipjack 24 Open

dwilson

Nov 27, 2010
United States
Name
David Wilson
Boat
Skipjack
The Floscan hour meter says it all – 139 hours since the repower in 2015. Just don’t get to use it enough to justify keeping it.

I bought this boat in 2007 and have been upgrading it since. Virtually everything is now new unless it’s deck hardware or made of fiberglass - the hull is 1978.

Over the years, I have dialed it in as a great fishing boat – safe in any sea you would want to be in, plenty of room to fish and it does catch fish. Until recently, it has been in NorCal chasing salmon, rockfish, stripers, etc. It has a perfect hull for the snotty conditions up here. Can comfortably cut through the slop at most any speed you pick using the trim tabs to keep the bow down. Recently moved it down to SoCal to try it down there. Currently stored in Sunset Aquatic Park.

Everything works, tanks are topped off, just washed it down and covered it for the off-season. Needs its annual wax and britework. Last full maintenance was May 2019 done at Warner Boats, so that’s due before next season. Otherwise, it is ready to go right now.

1.JPG
2.JPG
4.JPG
4.JPG
6.JPG
8.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg

13.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
24.jpg
25.jpg
20.JPG
16.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
7.jpg
5.JPG
5.JPG
2.JPG
Since 2007:

• 2015 Volvo Penta V8-270 DPS-B – 139 hours with new motor mounts, shifter, cables and wiring harness to helm
  • 2015 Honda T9.9XPH – guessing about 20 hours just run during periodic warmups
  • 2011 Pacific Trailer built new for the boat - completely rebuilt in 2018 including actuator, winch, jacks, brakes, trailing arms, new tires all around including spare – basically rust free and functionally new
  • 2019 repacked/certified Viking 4-person self-righting raft in valise
  • 2019 ACR GPS EPIRB
  • Automatic bilge fire extinguisher – serviced 2017 I think
  • 2 Standard Horizon VHF radios with internal GPS
  • SiTex Autopilot with electronic heading sensor and cable drive
  • Furuno 1623 Radar, 1870F GPS/Chart, FCV 628 connected to Airmar 1KW tilted element through-hull, blue-tooth stereo
  • Lenco trim tabs with position indicators
  • Rack and pinion steering and cable
  • 40-gal Blue Water bait tank
  • Aux fuel tank – about 30 gal. usable located below deck under the bait tank
  • Rupp gunnel-mount outriggers
  • Battery charger
  • 3 Group 27 batteries – space for a 4th
  • Lots of rod-holders and storage
  • New teak, canvas, seats and drawer sets
  • Full canvas enclosure including rear curtains and stainless-steel frame
  • Boat cover custom designed/fit to travel over highway
  • Complete new wiring, lights, switches, gauges, etc. throughout
  • New deck hatches and added drained gutters
Next projects:
  • Cabin door panels
  • New rub rail
  • Main fuel tank (pressure tested 2015 but it is original)
  • Rebuild windshield – it leaks some
Clear title in hand for boat and trailer. All things considered, asking $22,500. 3.JPG

Last edited:

dwilson

Nov 27, 2010
United States
Name
David Wilson
Boat
Skipjack
Generally right at 2 MPG at cruise. Floscan is not networked so I only see GPH and do the quick math. Stays pretty consistent between 16 and 25 mph if you pay attention to the trim tabs. Worst I have noticed is about 1.5 fully loaded with fuel, bait, people - staying off plane to keep the bait happy. Long day trolling about 30 miles out generally burns about 40 gallons.

dwilson

Nov 27, 2010
United States
Name
David Wilson
Boat
Skipjack
Cruises from about 18 to 25 without much difference in MPG if you use the trim tabs correctly and of course depending on the seas and load.

WOT is about 30.

All nautical.

dwilson

Nov 27, 2010
United States
Name
David Wilson
Boat
Skipjack
Hello -

If you mean a built-in fish box, no there never was one at least as long as I have had it. I have used used coolers and fish bags.

Jun 16, 2019
St. Louis
www.facebook.com
Name
Stephen Babcock
Boat
Black Velvet
I had a 24 open and loved it. They do so well in rougher water, and the open cockpit is great, even with the engine box. If I was not picking up a Davis, I would be coming to see this one. It looks amazing. Good luck with it. Someone will have a great boat.

dwilson

Nov 27, 2010
United States
Name
David Wilson
Boat
Skipjack
Thanks for the thoughts.

Yes, someone is going to be lucky. I get the attraction of low entry price. And am sure many are thinking they're getting a better deal at half the price. Or they simply can't afford it - that's where I started and I get it.

But I think those of us, who have walked the project boat path, can appreciate the value here. Someone, who understands that and knows about this hull, will appreciate it.

Just got to find that person.

Enjoy your Davis.