Skipjack 24 galley/interior improvements and modifications

GarytheCPA

Jun 13, 2011
Costa Mesa/California/USA
Name
Gary Craig
Boat
36 BHM
Been super busy with work and the great season we have been having but finally started making a few upgrades on the skippy. Ripped out old faded wood on the dash and replaced it all with seaboard (sorry its still a little dirty in the photo but came out awesome) so no more fading wood to worry about. Sanded the shit out the the old faded door and refinished it and installed a window. Which is much nicer from the inside now and put a TV in the v berth to keep the GF happy. The mount I got works perfect to swivel the TV to the side to secure when underway. By the way I found a lady in Anaheim on ebay who sells by the name of hightechplastics how had the starboard for dirt cheap. I got a 24"x48"x.5" piece for 35 bucks and it is great quality. She has tons of different sizes and will let you pick it up instead of paying for shipping. Will be repainting the deck with Tuff Coat rubberized non skid this weekend. Anyone have any experience with the stuff?

View attachment 610395 View attachment 610396 View attachment 610397 View attachment 610398 View attachment 610399 View attachment 610400 View attachment 610401

Nice work sir. Can you give me the brand of swivel mount you used on the TV? I do not have experience with your deck coating. I used awlgrip basically, in white, and wish I did tan. The application is a no brainer if you use the instructions on their website.

Keep these Mods coming.

Upvote 0

daer1303

Feb 23, 2009
hacienda heights ca
Name
tim
Boat
24' skippy flybridge "Two Shaè"
I got the mount on amazon for $20 I think it by a brand called "Mount It!". It is a great mount and I can turn the tv a complete 360 degrees to store it vertical as well. It also came with a free HMDI cable so figured what the hell for $20 might as well try it and ended up loving it.

Upvote 0

jaw1970

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 6, 2008
Long Beach, CA. USA
Name
John
Boat
Koa Honu 28 Skipjack
Looking great! Any progress is good progress. Don't sweat it too much about not getting to it because of this and that. It'll get done when it gets done.

Upvote 0

TsTime

May 9, 2006
IB
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Alblemarle SF Ex
My Skippy is an '86 24FB, 100% fishing. Removed head and utilizing space for life jackets and spare parts. Piss over the side and crap in a bucket if desired. Going to pull the refer out for a tackle system by Boat Outfitters http://www.boatoutfitters.com/?gclid=CP3W6OaDiMcCFYdsfgod6tEMlQ some day or fabricate similar. Has anyone outfitted interior ceiling with rod holders? I would love to see what you have done, between me and the other 2 I fish with we may have 20 rods on board and would like to keep some underneath until needed.

We really enjoy this boat for our local and offshore waters!

Reactions: Fishbones
Upvote 0

crazyfish

• Aug 19, 2004
    Pacific Ocean
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    24 skipjack fly bridge
    Anyone change the water tank for the sink? Mine leaks and want to change it on my 24 fly bridge.

GarytheCPA
    GarytheCPA
    There are a lot of online resources for water tanks and I really don't think you need one as large as the skipjack originally came with.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0