Almost A Member
Jul 25, 2018
Corona
Name
Tom
Boat
Skipjack 24flybridge "THE HOOKER"
I have a 1974 skipjack 24 fly. Asking $2500
I have title on the boat but no title on the trailer.
I was in the middle of a rewire on the boat when I found the deal on my Bertram needless to say it was a all stop on the Skippy project.
To complete the project it will need new risers and manifolds the old ones are still in usable condition but I would replace them. It will need the wiring finished from the flybridge back.
I rebuilt the carburetor but haven't installed yet
Motor has good compression and ran great when i started the rewire how ever the hours on the motor are unknown. Trailer needs brake system rebuilt and lights its in rough condition. Fiberglass is a 5 out of 10 its a 1974 and original. Interior is a 6 out of 10 the V birth cushions are good and the starboard cabinets and head cabinet are in ok shape the port side galley has been removed and is used as seating with a small counter with a water sink to wash hands and such. Are there things to repair yes its a project boat that I'm asking $2500 OBO on
I'm extremely motivated to sell and no good offer will be refused!!! I WANT IT GONE.
Boat is located in Fallbrook but might me moved Saturday. I live in corona so please no tire kickers I'm not driving down to Fallbrook because you want to just look at a boat.
Serious buyers only that know its a project before even looking.
KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT A PROJECT BOAT BEFORE WAISTING YOURS OR MY TIME.

20200327_094231_60702015190__572E9A18-26BB-4258-9CA9-44054A8B1810.JPG

20180916_190049.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Fair enough, a project boat. If you can offer just a few details, that might really help people not waste your or their time. Fiberglass condition? Trailer details, make, condition, how much work needed there, brake system, any electronics present and/or working, etc./all. Anchor, line and rode? Thru hulls condition, bait system and so on. I agree with you, you don't want to meet someone who just wants to look but turn that around, people don't want to drive out there just to find out there is more to be repaired and replaced than they knew about, fair?

Upvote 0

Tankerman

Almost A Member
Jul 25, 2018
Corona
Name
Tom
Boat
Skipjack 24flybridge "THE HOOKER"
Fair enough, a project boat. If you can offer just a few details, that might really help people not waste your or their time. Fiberglass condition? Trailer details, make, condition, how much work needed there, brake system, any electronics present and/or working, etc./all. Anchor, line and rode? Thru hulls condition, bait system and so on. I agree with you, you don't want to meet someone who just wants to look but turn that around, people don't want to drive out there just to find out there is more to be repaired and replaced than they knew about, fair?
Post has been edited
Thanks for the advice. Problem is I'm a long haul truck driver and only home on Friday and Saturday and up to my neck in a repower on our Bertram. I really just want the skippy gone so I'm not paying to store 2 boats
Thanks for the pointers

Upvote 0