Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Skipjack 24FB, AD41P diesel
Skipjack 20 Open w-Volvo Penta DP

Super clean & Ready to fish!

We have owned this boat for 12 years. It has been very well maintained and is an excellent local fishing platform. Skipjack construction & seaworthiness are well-known and highly regarded. These boats are sturdy, stable and dry fishing machines. This would be a great first ocean boat, or a nice upgrade from a smaller open boat. The canvas Bimini and Isinglass windows enclose the cockpit for cool or bumpy offshore days. The pictures show a black painted Trailrite trailer. I am in the process of overhauling a 2004 galvanized Trailrite trailer for this Skippy, and it will be under the boat when it is sold.

Why sell this little sweetheart? I have recently purchased a larger Skipjack from another BD member, so our 20 foot Open 'Dos Amigos' is now for sale & needs a new home. Load your tackle and cooler, and go get 'em while they are biting!

Hull- Super clean 1983 hull, original gel coat, even has the original stripes. Nice factory fiberglass swim step and leaning pads in the cockpit. Fiberglass fish box flush in the floorboards. Aluminum radar arch holds eight rods plus two additional pole holders. Excellent fiberglass bait tank & new bait pump. Holds one scoop of fin bait. Two swivel Captain's chairs on solid bases, extended for better visibility. Only very minor chips and scratches on the hull and some light gel coat wear. She waxes up nicely. Has never had bottom paint on it.

Performance- Cruises at 18-24 knots, I have run at 28+ knots @ 4000 rpm & never pressed it any harder. Fuel economy is a very consistent 2.0-2.2 nm/gallon. 65 gallon fuel tank, so range is 100-120 nm. The tank is an aluminum replacement.

Engine- Volvo Penta AQ225D. Based on a GM marine 305. 225hp. Approx 1370 hours. Good compression and no leaks. Runs strong. Newer exhaust manifolds and risers. Rebuilt carb, new starter, fuel pump, water pump, & front damper. Recent spark plugs, cap, wires, belt, hoses and SW impeller.

Outdrive- Volvo Penta 280-DP Duo Prop outdrive. Recent exhaust bellows, water hose & shift cable (2015). Fresh oil in OD. Props have been serviced & balanced (2015). Includes OD bracket for towing. This setup is optimized for this hull. The prop selection is spot-on and the DP setup makes boat handling easier and rides like a dream. This is a major upgrade for this boat.

Electronics- New VHF & antenna, recent SIMRAD GO7 Plotter/GPS/HD sonar. New HD multi-frequency transducer. This is an awesome & easy to use navigation system. Two new main batteries (2017) on master switch with wired 110v Guest on board charger. The custom battery box is secure and fits properly. Good cables and terminals.

Ground Tackle- Danforth anchor in bow chocks, galvanized chain, 180 feet of line in bow locker.

Canvas- Bimini top, Cockpit cover (snaps in place) & a custom full-boat cover that fits over the swim step and protects most of the topsides. This is a huge bonus for outdoor storage.

Trailer- I am currently overhauling a 2004 Trailrite galvanized trailer for this boat. The trailer has NEW disc brakes, stainless calipers, master cylinder, new wheel bearings, seals, buddies, five NEW tires, spare tire on a HD mount & new center rollers. Overhauled and ready for years of good service. The original steel trailer is NOT included in this sale.

Extras- LED deck light, LED dash lights, Porta-pottie, life jackets, three fenders, a custom Starboard bait table and bait tank lid.

This boat is turn-key and ready to go. Current tags and pink slips. Message me here for my cell. Serious inquiries only, no trades. Cash or certified funds only. $14,500 OBO.

Tight lines, Jeff

1 Doamigos on Sunset Aq ramp AD.jpg 2 On trailer, stern AD.jpg 3 On trailer, port side AD.jpg 4 On trailer, starboard side AD.jpg 5 AQ225D engine AD.jpg 6 Battery box AD.jpg 7 Dash with SIMRAD AD.jpg 9 Bait tank, Offshore AD.jpg 10 Fish box AD.jpg 11 Cuddy & gear AD.jpg 12 Boat cover over swim step AD.jpg 13 Boat cover, full AD.jpg 14 Galvinized trailer AD.jpg 15 Dorado day AD.jpg 16 YT on deck AD.jpg 17 Three in da box AD.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
Thanks Bob. She's a very good Skippy-starter-kit, and has a history of 'fishiness' that some boats just don't have. You've owned a few and you know what I mean ;)

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Thanks Bob. She's a very good Skippy-starter-kit, and has a history of 'fishiness' that some boats just don't have. You've owned a few and you know what I mean ;)

Yes sir, I do. And I've been on boats I swear scared fish away.

GLWS Jeff! She is a beauty

Reactions: Cheech
Upvote 0

Cheech

Sep 11, 2008
Tustin, CA
Name
Jeff Cheechov
Boat
WelI as of today we have a sale pending. The deposit is in hand. And the Skipjack community has a new member. :) Thanks BD crew for your help!
Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0