Thats my son, not me.
Feb 8, 2011
Westchester NY
Name
Steve
Boat
miss ion/fish on, "Wish on"
3929.JPG
SDLR is a huge fantastic opportunity for all of us who love it. Hopefully, we will get to maximize our remaining time at the rail. Melanoma or ANY cancer for that matter, is dead serious.

We lost a 12 year charter master a few years back, who was a Bronze Star Vietnam veteran. His friends gave out pins that said "FUCK CANCER". He was considered by many to be the salt of the earth. At his memorial we spread his ashes & flower petals on the water where he loved to be.

Think family. Find an oncology hospital & volunteer. ...It could prove life changing.

Reactions: titan05
Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
View attachment 1326809SDLR is a huge fantastic opportunity for all of us who love it. Hopefully, we will get to maximize our remaining time at the rail. Melanoma or ANY cancer for that matter, is dead serious.

We lost a 12 year charter master a few years back, who was a Bronze Star Vietnam veteran. His friends gave out pins that said "FUCK CANCER". He was considered by many to be the salt of the earth. At his memorial we spread his ashes & flower petals on the water where he loved to be.

Think family. Find an oncology hospital & volunteer. ...It could prove life changing.
Having survived Cancer for the moment....Steve is spot on and all jokes aside....ANY Cancer is the biggest fight of your life and the treatment is damn near enough to kill you to save you. Having been a Baseball coach for years my attitude is and has always been......Cancer is a crafty bastard of a pitcher but I'm just a TOUGH F...ing OUT

Protect youself any way you can....I for one would rather be standing on the grass than pushing it up

Reactions: Mean Gene
Upvote 0

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
Oct 27, 2013
Ennis, Montana
Name
Gene
Boat
The Searcher
I have a wide brimmed cloth hat but also wear my ball cap instead at times. I have one of the face shields that you can pull up and cover your face and ears. I have #100 sun block for my ears and cheeks. I have 8 long sleeve tee shirts so I can wear a fresh one every day. None of that is cumbersome, it's comfortable to wear, and I'm well protected. I got my tee shirts at wally world for about $8 apiece.

Upvote 0