SJ OFFLOAD

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by mrfish11, Sep 9, 2015.

1. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Parker 2320, 17x60 Willies
    So this was a new one for me. I've fished wp for a long time and I've never seen this before. Sunday as I was headed in I came past the inside tip of the S Jetty (about 200 yards from the tip) and I noticed a boat that appeared to be VERY close to the rocks. I swung over to check it out and make sure they were ok cause they looked too close to be fishing it. It was a medium sized Grady 25' ish I believe and he was nosed up to the rocks and it looked like he was dropping a guy off cause there was a guy standing there on the rocks as I went by. Don't know what was going on but they appeared to be ok and were in reverse backing away from the rocks as I approached. 20150906_140805.jpg

Now I've fished close to the rocks and motored in reverse to stay off but this guy was literally reach out and touch a rock distance away.

Not calling him out or anything, maybe he knows a deep spot with no underwater rocks that you can pull up, but I would never think to attempt this 200 yds from the tip in a fiberglass boat.

Have you guys ever seen this before? I took a long distance pic as I was motoring away....it's really hard to see though.

You may be able to see his balls in the pic, cause I'm sure they are the size of Watermelons!!!:finger:

2. lucerunner

lucerunner I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ken luce
    Boat:
    Blue Kai
    I watched a 20' grady run right down the sunken jetty monday morning all the way to 8. If he would have moved south 200 yards he wouldve had a smooth ride

3. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Maybe it's a Grady thing????:Beat_Them

4. wdlfbio

wdlfbio Once you go Cat, you never go back

Name:
    laurence
    Boat:
    Vacancy
    Someone needed to poop

oldfisherman#1, Woodya and lucerunner like this.
  5. mrfish11

mrfish11 "Ice Melter"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Ya that was actually my guess too!

6. TunaHore

TunaHore World Champion Boat Ho

Name:
    Tuck
    Boat:
    Carolina Dory
    Thought that is what the "blue" bucket was for.

7. t. pouw

t. pouw Newbie

Name:
    Gradyfisher
    Boat:
    grady white 208
    Ken: I think you saw me in my 20' Grady Monday morning as i was heading out to GH. I did see the smooth water on the south side of the submerged jetty but did not want to cross the submerged jetty. I have read a post a few days ago that it could be unwise unless you know what you are doing. i have not crossed this line much before though i have boated around Westport for many years. Where is safe to cross? BTW, how far was the spot on the jetty from Westport?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  8. lucerunner

lucerunner I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ken luce
    Boat:
    Blue Kai
    Where I saw you you were right on the sunken jetty that is ruff east part of the bar. Some boat ahead of you cut the gap but I always go around. I was on the Monte Carlo that day it is a 50' delta. If you don't know where the sunken jetty is it is better to stay closer to the green cans then turn when within 200 yards of 8 the first red bouy on way out. When coming back to harbor from south I always head to 8 then you can head toward WP just keep sj to your right. If you line up no. 8 and the tip of the south jetty the sunken jetty is on that line.
    Old timer told me if you cannot see far stay in 65' of water when returning from south this will clear the hazards when it gets deeper you head east as that is channel. From north use 35' of water to clear north jetty. Had to do this back before gps one day.

9. t. pouw

t. pouw Newbie

Name:
    Gradyfisher
    Boat:
    grady white 208
    Thanks!