Sitka -August Silvers in rivers

Discussion in 'Alaska & British Columbia Fishing Reports Forum' started by 2saltydawgs, Jan 11, 2017.

1. 2saltydawgs

2saltydawgs Newbie

I was talking to a guy who used to live in Sitka years ago, and when I mentioned we were looking at a trip to SItka in August, he said that the rivers are filled with Silvers then. Can someone recommend a guide for a day of fishing for river-run salmon? I have searched in line without any success.
    Thank you!

2. justing

justing Newbie

Name:
    justin guzman
    Boat:
    to many to list
    August is a little early. If u fly out there's a few places but nothing within day range in a boat. By mid September there's lots of options. They call em rivers but they are more big streams for the most part. Being on an island the rivers are all short and don't have huge runs. With the exception of mist cove on the east side of the island. There's a hatchery in the lake and tonnage of cohos come back there. It's a fly out option and gets going decent as early as July. Hope that helps.

Justin

STANWOOD BOB and 2saltydawgs like this.
  3. 2saltydawgs

2saltydawgs Newbie

thanks, I think we'll stay with the boat then - target salmon and halibut.

4. justing

justing Newbie

Name:
    justin guzman
    Boat:
    to many to list
    Halibut will be good as well as other bottom fish. Silvers will be good and a lot of years the early part of August we get a run of kings.