Nineball

Let’s goooo!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Looks like one would spend around $1600 for this unit. Does anyone know of any rebates, deals, reach-arounds, or COOP-UNS before I get serious with an online retailer?

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
Looks like one would spend around $1600 for this unit. Does anyone know of any rebates, deals, reach-arounds, or COOP-UNS before I get serious with an online retailer?
Send Kevin Lanier a line and see if he can help you out...he is pro staff Simrad

bobberdoggin

‘Butt Kraken
Mar 23, 2015
Name
Thomas
Boat
22’ SeaSport Sportsman ‘Butt Kraken
If you’re just looking for a 1kw high wide transom mount sonar, then the TM185-HW is a good option for half the price. No sense in spending the extra for low chirp when it’s not really used.

Reactions: Happy Daze

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
I agree, I never run mine in low. I can read bottom in all hali depths in High. I have played with low a bit but really have not found any value in my fishing. Would love to hear how guys fishing here are using low. It would probably be pretty useful if your fishing swords or other suspended deep fish. I lose bottom when running in water over 500ft and there is no difference if I have it in low or high, I assume there is just too much noise running between my two screws. If I were to do it again I would just get the HW and man up and do the thru hull.

If you’re just looking for a 1kw high wide transom mount sonar, then the TM185-HW is a good option for half the price. No sense in spending the extra for low chirp when it’s not really used.

thesaltyhooker

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 25, 2018
Renton
Name
Anders
Boat
North River Seahawk
i'd also be interested in hearing who uses low...my plan was to get the tm185hw for my next one.....
still afraid to man up and put a big hole in my tin can

MikeC92109

Weekend Warrior
Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Sea Pro 228
Subscribing, I’d like to hear from someone with a TM-185, I was told they are big and heavy and it isn’t uncommon for them to come off the back of the boat.